party games for teenagers

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
MamaBear

party games for teenagers

Post by MamaBear »

hi does anyone have any suggestions for fun party games for teenagers. it will be indoors idealy nothing messy! thanks
Eccentric

Re: party games for teenagers

Post by Eccentric »

Apparently spin the bottle is de rigueur. Not a lot changes :roll:
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Call of duty or fifa and a dominoes pizza.
MamaBear

Post by MamaBear »

dh is planning the games for the under 7s and i thought since we have 10 teens we should do something for them. no spin the bottle as its awkward since they are siblings and cousins!!

something like charades, pictionary who can build the tallest tower out of marshmallows and spaghetti.....i know its not cool. im having second thoughts now, let them skulk around and eat themselves silly.
um

Post by um »

Jenga is still good at that age...you can get really big ones - just protect your floors for when it falls over!
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

MamaBear wrote:dh is planning the games for the under 7s and i thought since we have 10 teens we should do something for them. no spin the bottle as its awkward since they are siblings and cousins!!

something like charades, pictionary who can build the tallest tower out of marshmallows and spaghetti.....i know its not cool. im having second thoughts now, let them skulk around and eat themselves silly.

How about you literally grab all the older kids, including those that try and fall into that bracket, ask them very nicely to help the younger kids with their party games and join in the fun in return for a film/playstation/ipad session in a separate room or corner of the room eating and chilling at a designated time away from all the annoying little ones and boring grown ups.

Sounds like a big celebration mama bear....good luck.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Why not get something like Taboo? It's a game that the teenagers could play against each other, or mix up the ages with the younger ones, and do it in teams. It can be highly entertaining watching how people's minds work with word association!

Crossed with sb.
BlueBerry22

Post by BlueBerry22 »

My in-laws always like to play "games" and my B.I.L runs his school's leavers parties.

Three favourites from his pool -

1. Fill flat trays with jelly - add slices of cork and let it set - line the participants in to 2 teams - they have to run to their tray of jelly - which should be on the floor, kneel and get the corks out with their mouth. Once the first person in the team has a cork they return to their palce in the line and the second person goes First team to get all their corks wins.

2. Fill a photocopy box full of cooked and oiled spaghetti, add a number of marbles, cover top of box in material with enough space for hand to get thru and then similar to above line the kids up. First one goes, locates a marble, runs to the back of the line, next child goes until one team has finished.

3. The old chocolate game - get a big bar of Dairy milk (other chocolates are available) - a scarf, a hat and gloves plus knife and fork. The children all sit round in a circle. When a child throws a six (or is 2 dice and double six - I can't remember) - they run to the chocolate bar put on hat, gloves and scarf and start chopping & eating until the next person rolls a six (or double 6)

Hope they haven't grossed you out too much - have fun

BB22
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

southbucks3 wrote:Call of duty or fifa and a dominoes pizza.
:lol: :lol:

Afraid thats all I'm allowed to suggest (Fifa not COD) and mine are 12! I wasn't even allowed to home-make the pizzas.

In fact we suggested 'party games' to wind them up!

Shame really.

Appreciate this is different as family and who doesn't like the jelly tray game (below) when you haven't got to be 'cool'?

Ooh, do have to say ours had the hugest Nerf battle with their mates last weekend for the party - utilising the whole of our higgledy piggledy (not large but interesting) house and even its roof! :? :?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

The chocolate game works for all ages in my experience.

There's also the toilet roll mummies game. Teams ideally of two or three. One person is the mummie, and the other team member or members have to completely wrap them up in toilet roll. First team to use up the complete roll wins.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now