11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
salsa

Re: Board game suggestions?

Post by salsa »

I love Scrabble, but I've seen Upwords. Is there a great difference? Thanks
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

It's sort of like 3d scrabble in that you can add tiles on top of tiles so can be more challenging )or easier) depending on you point of view!!
Amber

Post by Amber »

Browsing this thread I idly decided to search for 'Carcassonne' but possibly as I haven't been very well I accidentally typed 'carca' into Dr Google instead and came up with this little gem. Who knew?

I have often joked that cats would be better than dogs at all these 'sniff 'em out' type jobs if you could only train them to cooperate and not just sit down and wash their backsides/walk away/decide to go for a nap ('well yes he might well be in there, but I am so not in the mood for this right now'). Sorry for going off topic but this has given me a smile on a grey Saturday - check out the photo of the cat in the 'high performance animal wear' on the home page, and the 'workplace standards review'.

http://carca.ca/about/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
...C.A.R.C.A. has initiated a Level 1 Avy-Cat program as the world’s first certification program for cats to be trained in advanced feline based search and rescue techniques.
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

Brilliant, Amber. I can't decide whether that's a spoof website or not :lol:

I've had cats for a number of years, but not convinced I would entrust my welfare to them, for all the reasons you have given: "If you're that bothered, why don't you find him yourself…" :D

Sorry, everyone, as you were.
salsa

Post by salsa »

Crossed posts.
Thank you about the information on Upwords. What about the rules? Is it worth buying it if you already have Scrabble?
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Rob Clark wrote:Brilliant, Amber. I can't decide whether that's a spoof website or not :lol:
+1 :lol:
J50

Post by J50 »

Deck of cards, rules of the game, plenty of cash and play poke.r. It's a life skill also that will be much more valuable than any of the above...

And why can't I write poker (poke.r)???
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Does that not encourage a gambler if you have one who has a tendency towards it? Not all, I agree but I do feel slight concern at switching on that "money win" in a child?
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

I've managed to make it into my 6th decade without developing that particular "life skill", I certainly wouldn't see the need to introduce it to children.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Bought the old favourite Risk as ours got destroyed a few years ago.