Great British Bake Off

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tolstoy

Re: Great British Bake Off

Post by Tolstoy »

Reading Mum wrote:
Tolstoy wrote:I liked Ian, great to see a house husband on there as well.
House husband, renowned travel photographer and the Dalai Lama's personal photographer when he visits the UK apparently. Still not the best baker though :)
I did wonder how they could afford a house like that on one wage :lol: and why does the Dalai Lama require a 'personal photographer', what's wrong with the paps? That's what other celebs get :wink:
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Reading Mum wrote:
Tolstoy wrote:I liked Ian, great to see a house husband on there as well.
House husband, renowned travel photographer and the Dalai Lama's personal photographer when he visits the UK apparently. Still not the best baker though :)

Second best according to the show....he won best baker three times, nadiya four including the final.
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

We love it in our house and this was the first year the children got to watch the series in real time, as it were. I think it was the best series yet and Nadiya was a very worthy winner - we were definitely rooting for her. I found Ian enormously smug - was so glad he didn't win!
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

This is the first series I have watched and I am hooked! Not a fan of lipstick lady and sad to see Selassie voted out just now...
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

I know. We are just saying how much we love Selassie and so sad to see him go.i think lipstick lady will win now though. Have you been watching the Extra Slice too on a Friday night?
mad?

Post by mad? »

I think lipstick lady is going for the job on C4 with Paul...
mad?
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Hmmm...all seemed a bit contrived when Mel peeked in Candice's note book and at the top of one of the pages it read something like Week 7: wear mulberry lip.......!!!! I wonder if she has already got an agent....?!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I've never really watched Bake off but have seen episodes occasionally. I've always been impressed with what the produce (my baking is very good but the appearance would never win any awards!). Is it me or do their concoctions frequently look a mess in this series?
scary mum