Disney world in term time- no fine

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

piggys

Re: Disney world in term time- no fine

Post by piggys »

To be fair it is a few years old now but even so....
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

How exciting! (Seriously...) Can you say which states? PM me if you prefer.
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

Amber wrote: Looks like I should read that, though I have no intention of returning to the place foreseeably anyway - who would want to spend time there now unless they had to? Bit like here really.
Amber, I agree with you to some extent on both counts, but - and it’s a big one - some of the most beautiful places I’ve ever visited are in the US. There are stunning national parks with majestic views. Wander off the beaten track and you’ll stumble across vast empty landscapes of unspoiled nature. Or possibly get eaten by a bear. :lol:
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Stroller wrote:
Amber wrote: Looks like I should read that, though I have no intention of returning to the place foreseeably anyway - who would want to spend time there now unless they had to? Bit like here really.
Amber, I agree with you to some extent on both counts, but - and it’s a big one - some of the most beautiful places I’ve ever visited are in the US. There are stunning national parks with majestic views. Wander off the beaten track and you’ll stumble across vast empty landscapes of unspoiled nature. Or possibly get eaten by a bear. :lol:
I know, Stroller. I could rightly be accused of closed-mindedness to the point of bigotry on this, and I am sure there are beautiful parts of the US (I have always fancied the Utah canyons). But two things - there is a big world out there and lots of other places I will never see, so I won't run out of alternatives; and I don't really admire the society (this is an understatement) and believe it has a pernicious effect on our own. I have lovely American friends, and no axe to grind with individuals, but as a nation I believe its influence is more malign than good, so would rather spend my money elsewhere. With no bears. And fewer guns.
solimum

Post by solimum »

I am very pleased that we made our "bucket list" trip to the Grand Canyon/ Bryce /Zion back in 2015 when the idea of a Trump presidency still seemed like a bad joke. We were on a tour organised by a US-run company with all the other guests being American - mostly very pleasant, well-travelled (by definition ) and good company.

But politics and guns were definitely off the menu for conversation topics!

Still hoping to get to Yellowstone one day (will it be the bears or the supervolcanic eruption that get us first?)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now