Pen

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
yoyo123

Re: Pen

Post by yoyo123 »

salsa wrote:Thank you Um. My son hated that tip. He would push it up and not use it. With the pen he has no alternative.
About the slope, they tend to be very expensive, so an IKEA one would be great. Could you please point out which one it is?
Thank you.
http://m.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/functio ... erId=24830" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The pink one BRÄDA ( they do other colours!) for £2.80.

I have one for my laptop at work and it's great.
um

Post by um »

yoyo123 wrote:
salsa wrote:Thank you Um. My son hated that tip. He would push it up and not use it. With the pen he has no alternative.
About the slope, they tend to be very expensive, so an IKEA one would be great. Could you please point out which one it is?
Thank you.
http://m.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/functio ... erId=24830" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The pink one BRÄDA ( they do other colours!) for £2.80.

I have one for my laptop at work and it's great.
Yes, that is the one :D Ours is black with a picture of a bicycle on it.

The disadvantage is the slight lip at the bottom...as you've said, there are more expensive ones available from educational suppliers.
But I do envy Bilbo Baggins' desk :lol: You'll see a photo further down this page: http://middleearthnews.com/2015/03/02/a ... westmarch/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
salsa

Post by salsa »

Thank you both for the tip. At that price it is definitely worth a try. I think the one that the OT recommended was £40 and the school said they would get it about 3 years ago and still no joy. I'll try the IKEA one at home and if it works for my son, I'll buy one for the school as I have had to do with pens and grips in the past.
About the slanted desk, they used to be like that at school in the past.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

About the slanted desk, they used to be like that at school in the past.
I've read some articles by Physiotherapits and Occupational Therapists who believe we are storing up problems for future generations by the position children sit in to write.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

yoyo123 wrote:

I've read some articles by Physiotherapits and Occupational Therapists who believe we are storing up problems for future generations by the position children sit in to write.

I've heard / read / been told the same. I have looked into the sloped desks for DS too, and in the end, what we always come back to is an A4 lever arch file on its side. It's gives a great angle, but without that pesky lip....and there's inevitably one or two knocking around!! :?
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

Cranberry wrote:
yoyo123 wrote:

I've heard / read / been told the same. I have looked into the sloped desks for DS too, and in the end, what we always come back to is an A4 lever arch file on its side. It's gives a great angle, but without that pesky lip....and there's inevitably one or two knocking around!! :?
That's a great tip, thank you! :D
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)