Finding The Archers really tense....

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ToadMum

Re: Finding The Archers really tense....

Post by ToadMum »

hermanmunster wrote:
Yamin151 wrote:I only ask because I don't like other people deciding on whether or not an episode is worth listening to. SOme people are hating this storyline so would advise not to listen when I really want to. I've been listening, also on and off, since 1991! Wow! That makes me feel old! I actually find the farming stories a bit tedious, hence popping in and out over the years. Nowadays with podcasts though I tend to hear them all as they are good company on the dog walk, but I don't need to be tied to a time.
It is great being able to listen anytime - used to be a problem before - chunks of time when 1400 and 1900 were not good times to listen and Sunday morning was bellringing / churchwardening time.

Just realised how long I have listened for :oops: well I remember Doris dying in 1980
Though at opposite ends, The Archers and I were born in the same decade :shock: and I have been a listener of one sort or another for over fifty years. It was one of those things that was always on, along with 'Mrs Dale's Diary' (remember that, anyone?) and 'Listen With Mother' ('Are you sitting comfortably?' 'Yes thank you, Iddledy' . That and 'purfle' were apparently my only two neologisms, though :lol: ).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
fairyelephant

Post by fairyelephant »

I'm finding it tense too. So much so my imagination is running away with me (I'm imagining he'll have her committed when the baby's born and take both children)! I thought Tom was going to twig but he seems to have disappeared. Did she give any clue on woman's hour as to how much longer this is going on?
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

No, they pointed out that this kind of psychological abuse takes time, so not to expect a sudden or quick resolution.
I also think that the build up by Rob of her mental instability means she will feel even more trapped because any brave attempts to escape will be seen as her mental incapacity and he will threaten that she loses the children. Henry sent off to school and Ursula get s the baby. Horrible.
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

Rob finally gets his cumuppance :o .....
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Agggghhhhhh, covering ears, not listened yet, not listened yet!!!!!!!!!!! Please don't say....................

Can't wait to listen in the mroning!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

What an episode - I was driving and missed the junction on the motorway :oops:

ETA Yamin - avoid Twitter at all costs :shock:
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Oh I will! THink I minght have to listen now!
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Oh my goodness, I never expected that! Come to work all of a shake!
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

Love Pam Ayres response on Twitter ...
https://twitter.com/search?q=%23thearchers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RedVelvet

Post by RedVelvet »

Oh my word.