Happy Easter!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

quasimodo

Re: Happy Easter!

Post by quasimodo »

Loved the cricket this afternoon.The most inspirational part of it was the fight shown by Yuvraj Singh and his inspirational fight from t........r cancer.When over a billion people don't know what is wrong with you and criticise you without knowing the truth and you see how he performed it was truly inspirational.The fact they won was purely incidental.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Well done to Indian cricket team as well as to England 's women cricket team. Both reached Semi-finals.
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

quasimodo wrote:The fact they won was purely incidental.
Still happy that your favourite team won, Quasi! I just hope that your hangover tomorrow will be quickly over! :wink:

Concerning cancer, I also think that what Victoria Derbyshire is doing is great. With her video dirary, she has been helping a lot of patients and has also raised more awareness of what patients go through due to their chemo. I am always happy when I see her on her programme in the morning as I know it helps her to keep her morale and forget about hospitals... Her last chemo is now over...
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

JaneEyre wrote:
quasimodo wrote:The fact they won was purely incidental.
Still happy that your favourite team won, Quasi! I just hope that your hangover tomorrow will be quickly over! :wink:

Concerning cancer, I also think that what Victoria Derbyshire is doing is great. With her video dirary, she has been helping a lot of patients and has also raised more awareness of what patients go through due to their chemo. I am always happy when I see her on her programme in the morning as I know it helps her to keep her morale and forget about hospitals... Her last chemo is now over...
Victoria Derbyshire is a great presenter I hope she wins her fight.I believe the prognosis for breast cancer can be very good the earlier you catch it.In the last 4 years I have known 2 of our relatives die through the disease one was under 40 leaving 2 young children behind, another a lady about 67, neither got past the critical 5 years after the initial all clear.One of my friends in her early 60s is doing very well.After her retirement as the headmistress of a Roman Catholic Birmingham primary school she discovered the disease which had taken her mum and her sister.She has the all clear and she and her husband are just taking frequent holidays around the world.

On a more cheerful note the cricket.I was glad the English men got to the final and disappointed the ladies team got so close losing to the nemesis Australia.Now set up for the other semi final tomorrow.If India can overcome Chris Gayle and their captain Darren Sammy we will have a great final and a divided family.One of my nieces and another nieces husband are proper England cricket fans(the next generation) and will come down and watch it with us.So it will be a great occasion.The excitement will continue to the Sunday.Great entertainment, not sure how good all the adrenaline and the high spirits in more ways than one is good for my health.It is fun and the longer days make me feel better. :)

Easter may have gone but its still happy holidays.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln