Classic FM Hall of Fame

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
doodles

Classic FM Hall of Fame

Post by doodles »

Anyone else listening to this? We love it and it will be on continually between now and Monday evening.

Last year their was a raging debate about the validity of screen and video themes/pieces. However, if that Lark comes in at number one again I may not be responsible for my actions :D
Yamin151

Re: Classic FM Hall of Fame

Post by Yamin151 »

That lark needs a gun!! Same goes for that unspeakably turgid Schpegel and Schpegal piano piece! Ugh.

Gone right off Classic FM, they play the same small playlist over and over. However, radio 3 is too pretentious and high brow. I need something inbetween......
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I think these sort of votes are not completed honestly - people vote for 'acceptable' options rather than their real favourite.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

I love Radio 3. I don't find it at all pretentious and you can listen to it for years and years and never have to listen to a single ad for dental implants :lol:
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
doodles

Post by doodles »

The Easter top 300 is good, nothing is repeated and they don't have quite so many adverts. Love Radio 2 and 4 and can even do 1 but Radio 3 drives me mad it's just to much.
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Yes, love radio 2 and 4 too and am being subjected to radio 1 by DSs now, not sure!

I am a big podcast fan! Never have to miss any show I enjoy anymore, as an 80s teenager that means Sara Cox 80s show at a mo reasonable time! Also, I never have to miss an episode of the Arches - any other fans on here?- and Friday night comedies or the Food Programme can liven up the long dog walk every day. Ooh, and the whole archive of Desert Island Discs.
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

Love The Archers too, though I miss quite a few episodes; I love the fact that they are brave enough to leave large silent gaps which always make me wonder if I have hit the off button! I used to be a Radio 2 gal til 2pm then a Radio 4 after that, but since DS started secondary school I only listen to Radio 4 on the school run - he loves it and always goes in and updates his friends with the latest news/theories/opinions.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Love Radio 4. Could very easily live without the telly as I only watch Scandi dramas and HIGNFY but Radio 4 - the last bastion of intelligent media in the country - not that. I do love Ken Bruce's voice on R2 though. Can't bear Classic FM but find R3 too heavy - I have lots of opera CDs for when I'm cooking! (As well as some less erudite stuff - sooo happy to hear Genesis back in the mainstream again. 8) 8))
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

Desert Island Discs is great. Interesting stories delivered eloquently. We listened to Hugh Bonneville on it this morning. I'd also highly recommend the podcasts for those who are trying to improve their English, by and large they're family friendly too. They're often a feature of my weekend mornings.

DD loves comedy shows on radio 4 extra.
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Radio 4 from wake up to getting in the car and then 2. Love Saturday mornings on both so depends if DH is in charge of the buttons - he doesn't like 2 :shock: Not mad about the Archers or Elaine Paige :? so if we happen to be in on a Sunday morning thats when Classic goes on.

DS1 loves the radio and goes to bed listening to whatever he fancies every night. At the moment he's tuned into French radio in preparation for his French AS oral exam - he reckons it really helps.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now