Eddie the Eagle Film

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
yoyo123

Eddie the Eagle Film

Post by yoyo123 »

Anybody going to see this? I've always had a soft spot for Eddie Edwards, being a Cheltenham girl.

Triumph of hope over adversity!
BucksBornNBred

Re: Eddie the Eagle Film

Post by BucksBornNBred »

Most definitely - I think his "go-for-it" attitude is inspirational and should not be underestimated :-)
doodles

Post by doodles »

Yes, we are. I think those that "knock" him should sit at the top of the jumping hill with skis strapped to their feet and see how it feels. Their attitude might change then.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Definitely (even if I have to go and see it on my own :lol: ). Don't be so hard on the 'knockers', though, yoyo - tipping them gently down Cooper's Hill should be quite scary enough to start with, surely?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
doodles

Post by doodles »

Sorry, TM, should have made myself clear I meant the powers that be in sport who thought he was a joke should be made to try :wink:
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I can remember seeing an interview with him as he demonstrated his " jumping frame" which he had built in the back yard.

Of course, we were no strangers to skiing in Gloucestershire , what with Matson Dry Ski Slope.
tipping them gently down Cooper's Hill should be quite scary enough to start with, surely?

a bit cheesy?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

yoyo123 wrote:I can remember seeing an interview with him as he demonstrated his " jumping frame" which he had built in the back yard.

Of course, we were no strangers to skiing in Gloucestershire , what with Matson Dry Ski Slope.
tipping them gently down Cooper's Hill should be quite scary enough to start with, surely?

a bit cheesy?
:lol:
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now