Should Britain vote to remain or exit the European Union ?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
salsa

Re: Should Britain vote to remain or exit the European Union

Post by salsa »

SunlampVexesEel wrote:Would the Remoandr app just be for iPhones?

I wonder if there is a correlation between iPhone ownership and voting to remain?

Disclosure: I have an Android phone.

:lol:
Some people are still trying to find that correlation, but I doubt they asked them what phone they use. :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38762034" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

Amber wrote:iPhone here. 100% Apple girl and 100% remain.
I could never date someone with an Android phone! :wink:
Suspected as much. Apparently that is very true...
Some dodgy survey wrote:iPhone owners are 21 times more likely to judge others negatively for having an Android, while those who have an Android are 15 times more likely to judge others negatively for having an iPhone. And those who have older models of either smartphone are 56% less likely to get a date.
I used to have an iPhone (think it was a iPhone 4) but switched to Android... those people are the worst I guess. :lol:
Animis opibusque parati
Amber

Post by Amber »

Some dodgy survey wrote:iPhone owners are 21 times more likely to judge others negatively for having an Android, while those who have an Android are 15 times more likely to judge others negatively for having an iPhone. And those who have older models of either smartphone are 56% less likely to get a date.
:lol: :lol:

But for every survey there is a counter-survey.
another dodgy survey wrote:Android owners are significantly more likely to have an inferiority complex about their phones, realising but not wanting to admit that iPhones really are better, cooler and more desirable and that they have made a purchasing error. iPhone users are, however, significantly more likely to consider themselves the arbiters of taste in all matters ranging from interior design and pets' names to holiday choices and television viewing habits. Oh, and referenda too.
SunlampVexesEel

BTW I got that from http://macdailynews.com/2017/02/07/sing ... nt-page-2/, I suspect you are manufacturing fake news to fit your agenda.

All this is starting to remind me of Sneetches.... I do have a Star myself. :lol:
Animis opibusque parati
Amber

Post by Amber »

SunlampVexesEel wrote:BTW I got that from http://macdailynews.com/2017/02/07/sing ... nt-page-2/, I suspect you are manufacturing fake news to fit your agenda.
:lol: Oh so that was real. Mine is an alternative version. :wink:

Don't understand the bit about stars and sneetches. :oops: Too busy fighting off all the men queuing up for dates to work it out.

FWIW my (despite everything) close friend who voted Brexit is very intelligent and educated. I have told her I just don't get why she did it and tbh I am not sure now that she knows herself. We don't discuss it. Oh, she has an iPhone too, but only got it recently after years in the Android wilderness. So maybe when she has got through all her dates she might undergo a political conversion too.
mystery

Post by mystery »

:lol:

It's too late though!
SunlampVexesEel

Amber wrote:...close friend who voted Brexit is very intelligent and educated.
Fancy that! Unbelievable!
Amber wrote:Don't understand the bit about stars and sneetches.
'Twas a literary reference... or for those that prefer pictures.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdLPe7XjdKc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I promised myself to not add to this thread until Article 50 had been invoked... must get back to that promise... sorry for the relapse.
Animis opibusque parati
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Interesting developments for UK universities.One of the knock on effects of Brexit ?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 89066.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

Sadly, there will be plenty of knock off effects of Brexit! :(

A report from the New Economics Foundation estimates that if every migrant withdrew their labour for one day, it would cost the UK £328m – 4% of the country’s GDP.
So today, migrants are staging their first day of action to highlight their contribution to the UK economy... and so that tjey are not in legal limbo after Brexit.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... tain-chaos" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

JaneEyre wrote:Sadly, there will be plenty of knock off effects of Brexit! :(

A report from the New Economics Foundation estimates that if every migrant withdrew their labour for one day, it would cost the UK £328m – 4% of the country’s GDP.
So today, migrants are staging their first day of action to highlight their contribution to the UK economy... and so that tjey are not in legal limbo after Brexit.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... tain-chaos" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I know people are worried about brexit while I don't share the same anxieties for many different reasons it is the underlying weakness of the world economy that worries me and it won't take much to tip us into a recession like the late 1920's or the early 1970's.Which is why a potential trade war between the USA and other countries particularly China is a worry with Trump in the White House.What is of particular concern is the high debt to GDP ratio's of certain developed and developing countries.If you see countries like Ireland and Singapore beginning to wobble then we are on the way down and if it gets to China we are already on the way down.These are turbulent times and times to be cautious.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now