audiobooks website

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
redbrige

audiobooks website

Post by redbrige »

does anyone know any free website for downloading audio books for children? youtube doesn't seem to have much ,there are few but not of good quality.
my DD likes Jacqueline Wilson books looking for sleepover audio books and lily alone.
Eccentric

Re: audiobooks website

Post by Eccentric »

Have you discovered Librivox.org? They are a charity that aims to make all books available in the public domain available in audio for free. They have lots of children books to listen to. I am not sure if they have Jacqueline Wilson but they definitely have loads of classics. They are all read by volunteers so some are of lesser quality than others, but I think that adds to the charm. https://librivox.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

Have just noticed that librivox have posted this (never noticed it before:
"LibriVox recordings are Public Domain in the USA. If you are not in the USA, please verify the copyright status of these works in your own country before downloading, otherwise you may be violating copyright laws." No Jacqueline Wilson (I have just looked).
salsa

Post by salsa »

Have you checked your local library? Many libraries are now providing ebooks as well as audiobooks.
onebigdilemma

Post by onebigdilemma »

We use the library and they change what they have quite frequently.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now