New party leaders

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
PurpleDuck

Re: New party leaders

Post by PurpleDuck »

Wow, Boris has just announced standing down as a contender! I'm rather pleased about that, I have to say, I could not see him doing a good job of the EU negotiations.
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

I am pleased too as I cannot see him as a PM.

But really, what a mess!!! The news are changing by the hour...
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

PurpleDuck wrote:Wow, Boris has just announced standing down as a contender! I'm rather pleased about that, I have to say, I could not see him doing a good job of the EU negotiations.
Oh good! Although does that mean that the votes won't now be split between him and Gove, possibly making it an easier victory for Theresa may?
mystery

Post by mystery »

And what does Theresa want? And does all this make brexit more or less likely?

What does Sarah Vine want?
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

Yamin151 wrote:
PurpleDuck wrote:Wow, Boris has just announced standing down as a contender! I'm rather pleased about that, I have to say, I could not see him doing a good job of the EU negotiations.
Oh good! Although does that mean that the votes won't now be split between him and Gove, possibly making it an easier victory for Theresa may?
Why could that make it easier for Theresa May? Did you mean harder or have I lost the plot already? (quite possibly...)
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
Amber

Post by Amber »

Proud_Dad wrote:Surely you'll be supporting Michael Gove who now has the backing of Nicky Morgan no less! They did such a great job with our education system how could they fail to make Britain a dominant world power with our superior command of the fronted adverbial! :roll:
Michael Gove was considered too toxic to leave as Education Secretary at the last election. But now that the opposition has crumbled they could put Mussolini in and still win the next election. Extremely depressing.
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Severe doubts that Theresa May was ever really on the remain side though. She kept very quite during the campaign and has now come out very strongly on the referendum being binding and no going back.

Can't say I've ever been a fan of hers - those silly photos of her at the conference standing legs akimbo like Dave and George, were the last straw for me! I would love to see a female PM in this country, but not another who has to act like a bloke to get there ...

JD
nyr

Post by nyr »

That's Boris, being cunning as ever! Let Gove or May take the flak for attempting to sort out the complete mess that Brexit will be and then take the reins just before it's all beginning to settle down. Or am I being a bit too cynical?

nyr
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

nyr wrote:Or am I being a bit too cynical?
I fear you can never be too cynical, nyr, when it come to Boris ... :roll:

JD
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

Confirmed candidates for the Conservatives' leadership election:
Stephen Crabb
Liam Fox
Michael Gove
Andrea Leadsom
Theresa May
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now