tween concerts in summer

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
wildwest

Re: tween concerts in summer

Post by wildwest »

these concerts are costing well over £100 per head. That too, if you spend ages searching and waiting in a virtual que

Is this the norm?
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

yes. Festivals have always been pricey - I remember being shocked at paying over £100 for Glasto tickets 20 years ago.
marigold

Post by marigold »

Working at a festival can get you in free. My son has got a job at Lattitude this year, he has to agree to work a certain number of hours ( three shifts over four days I think ) but gets camping, some food and the rest of the time to do what ever young people do at festivals in return.
He is hoping for a nice cushy number sitting in a tent folding bits pf paper but I am sure he will be in a field directing cars in the pouring rain or even better, latrine duty...

The jobs may have all gone at festivals for this year but worth thinking about for next year if anyone wants a free weekend away, a bit of work experience, some music and some mud.
wildwest

Post by wildwest »

we are looking at an evening concert, not a festival over a weekend. littlemix coming to Birmingham.
dd and a group of friends are hoping to go with an adult. it is rather expensive and I am now told that they are a popular brand and to expect to pay close to £150!!!
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

gulp - I thought £50 a head was a lot for One Direction at Wembley a few years back.
Thankfully DD is more Indie these days so tickets tend to be cheaper. She and friends want to go to a gig solo in September in Oxford but I think either DH or I are going to have to accompany them, at least as far as the venue, as they can't be piling out of O2 Academy on the Cowley Road at 11pm into a mass of students - they are all 15.
The joys of parenting a teenager!!!
piggys

Post by piggys »

The first time I went to Glasto my ticket cost me £13 and it was still a CND event. :lol:
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Anyone going to Reading or Leeds Festival be warned -don't take pineapples!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-40923473" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Not sure if this applies to tins or not, :lol: )
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Tinkers wrote:Anyone going to Reading or Leeds Festival be warned -don't take pineapples!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-40923473" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Not sure if this applies to tins or not, :lol: )
From the use of the word 'pineapples', not 'pineapple', I'd be willing to give it a go :lol: .

DD and a friend went to Kingston (Greater London, not Jamaica) on the last day of term for the launch of the debut album by Declan McKenna. I would have asked, if I could be bothered, but a rising talent, apparently. Anyway, it only cost a tenner each, plus the rail fare and something to eat. It was meant to be at a recording studio, they thought, but they were moved along to the Hippodrome(?). Most noteworthy, according to DD, was the ability of the musicians to do what they did, whilst apparently not necessarily in full possession of their faculties, for some reason (ahem :shock: ). Please note, 1. She is 16 and 2. In her eyes, this did not make the people concerned any more interesting, or potential role models :) .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

I'm the Taxi tonight taking DD and friend to see Rat Boy playing 7pm gig at Banquet Records shop in Kingston for under 18s. The band then play a later gig for over 18s at the Hippodrome. Tickets for the early slot were 'free' if you purchased the album!

First sightings yesterday of ants arriving for Reading festival. DS1 on site for his shifts as a green-ranger reports he has broken his tent! He left it to the last minute to buy an Argos value tent and so didn't test it before setting off......lessons to be learnt.

DS1 asked to borrow one of my shirts as it qualified as a 'wavey garm' festival style but he wanted to cut off the sleeves, so no go. DS1 pointed out that DD wants to see Blossoms at Reading and they are playing at 3am, expect thinking about that will keep me awake.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Sale of 'left behind' stuff from V on Saturday afternoon at the Unitarian Church in Southend, apparently. I am torn between going to see if there is anything useful, and reasoning that the effort required to clean it might be more than I am up for at the moment :lol: .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx