Writing books

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now

Writing books

Post by newbie »

Hi,
I am a parent who is a regular guest in this forum. I don't know if it is relevant to post this question here but I don't know where else to get advice. Are there any parents here who tried to write children's books and get published? I would like to start writing as my own children enjoy my stories. I have read that the most successful children's writers started writing for their children. Starting something new is always scary. But other children might like my books, who knows. Any advice?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Newbie

I have occasionally thought of doing the same thing for just the same reasons. I have just Googled the following: advice on writing books for children, and a number of helpful sites came up - some are more commercially minded, others just offer plenty of good practical advice.

You might try some of those first, and then do the same search limited to UK sites only.

If any parent on the forum has had a children's book published, or knows someone who has, I would also be very interested to hear about it! :D

Sally-Anne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now