London Woman March- jan 21st, anyone going?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
kenyancowgirl

Re: London Woman March- jan 21st, anyone going?

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Those articles were removed as soon as the inauguration ceremony was over, sadly, just before he signed the changes to Obamacare. I do agree that the media needs to be careful not to bend the truth too much as it will backfire. Not least because Trump is still actively tweeting from his own account, as well as the Potus one.
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

On the bright side, Melania has better taste in curtains than Michelle ;-)
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Looks like that's all they will leave in the end.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

kenyancowgirl wrote:...Trump is still actively tweeting from his own account, as well as the Potus one.
Doesn't that make him some kind of security risk...?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

tiffinboys wrote:Looks like that's all they will leave in the end.
A good time to buy shares in one of Trump's companies if they are open to the public to purchase.

He is unlikely to put them into chapter 11 bankruptcy while in office.I understand he has only done that on four occasions in the past.Apart from many creditors who would have lost out it is likely it would have been the US taxpayer.A good reason not to publish your tax returns.The last is purely speculation and no evidence just like the report by the respected former MI6 agent into Donald Trump.The former agent didn't do a bad job in helping uncover corruption at FIFA recently.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

ToadMum wrote:
kenyancowgirl wrote:...Trump is still actively tweeting from his own account, as well as the Potus one.
Doesn't that make him some kind of security risk...?
...I suspect the tweeting is one of many of the Secret Services worries.... :lol:
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

Amber wrote: Many thinking citizens have grave concerns about what this man will do.
As many of you may have watched this morning, an Auschwitz Holocaust survivor raises her voice against hate propaganda. Here is an excerpt of the article which is posted below:

As the UK marks Holocaust Memorial Day, Mrs Pollack issues a stark warning about the importance of learning the lessons from history.
"We're not talking about barbarians," says Mrs Pollack. "We're not talking about primitive society.
"The Germans were well-advanced, educated, progressive. Maybe civilization is just veneer-thin. We all need to be very careful about any hate-propaganda.
"This is very important. It starts as a small stream, but then it has the potential to erupt - and when it does, it's too late to stop it."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-38745115" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

JaneEyre wrote:
Amber wrote: Many thinking citizens have grave concerns about what this man will do.
As many of you may have watched this morning, an Auschwitz Holocaust survivor raises her voice against hate propaganda. Here is an excerpt of the article which is posted below:

As the UK marks Holocaust Memorial Day, Mrs Pollack issues a stark warning about the importance of learning the lessons from history.
"We're not talking about barbarians," says Mrs Pollack. "We're not talking about primitive society.
"The Germans were well-advanced, educated, progressive. Maybe civilization is just veneer-thin. We all need to be very careful about any hate-propaganda.
"This is very important. It starts as a small stream, but then it has the potential to erupt - and when it does, it's too late to stop it."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-38745115" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What a perceptive post.The mistakes of history do in my opinion repeat themselves.An isolationist USA at a time fascism was on the rise across parts of the world in the 1930s and again today.

The doomsday clock moved forward closer to midnight by some scientists.

A President bans Muslims from coming to the USA from seven countries including Syria unless they are Christians.This is more of a reflection on the intelligence of the new President and some of the far right support which brought him to power .I would be grateful if anyone can give me a definition of the term Christian or Muslim which will withstand objective scrutiny ?

I find a sense of guilt in my vote for Brexit is now equated with a vote for a populism which is in reality a vote for fascism which has extended to the USA in Donald Trump and now hopes to extend across Europe with secret financial support from countries including the Soviet Union. This support has been taking place for years.

http://observer.com/2016/10/putins-supp ... ed-lethal/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think we all have a duty not to succumb to this hate and to defeat this fascism.The last time it happened it took the loss of a generation the survivors of whom include the remnants of the holocaust.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

...And all this in less than a week... :? :?

It's going to be a really long 4 years...
piggys

Post by piggys »

Indeed; the parallels with the rise of Fascism in the 1930s are very worrying. The ban on Muslims is horrifying and people should be (and are, rightly) up in arms about this across the world. Perhaps he will go one small step further and ask them to wear identifying armbands? force them into ghettoes? I wouldn't put anything past him. Nothing.

Let's hope it isn't four years - many political analysts are convinced DT won't make a year.

Trump has the vocabulary of a village idiot - calling the world "a horrible place" in his tweets yesterday.

BucksBornandBred I can't see why you called the womens' march a march against democracy though. Would you rather they just sat back and took it? :?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now