Forget STEM - it's PPE that runs the world!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
piggys

Re: Forget STEM - it's PPE that runs the world!

Post by piggys »

Haha reminds me of that band the funking barstewards :lol:
I'd say a lot of those politicians are big barstewards. J
mystery

Post by mystery »

:lol:

I think that Trump should be offered an unconditional place at Oxford to study PPE. Bet he couldn't resist going there to preach to the liberal elite. Hopefully he'd die before he got a degree as it would take him a very long time even to get through prelims.
FAC51

Post by FAC51 »

Horns of a dilemma here.

I've always railed against "professional politicians" such as Cameron, Osborne and the Milibands, who had no experience of the real world before enveloping themselves in the political bubble.

But then, along comes Trump!!!
Last edited by FAC51 on Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FAC51

Post by FAC51 »

Amber wrote:Much as I adore the gorgeous Prof Cox, I would have to argue that what politics needs is less science and pseudo-science, less data and less of what now passes for evidence. Politicians and policy makers already know very well how to use and abuse evidence and data; and there is so much of it around that they don't need an excuse to create any more. Any speech you hear will refer to data and statistics and evidence-based this and that.
I think Prof Cox hopes that politicians with an understanding of science would rely less on any convenient pseudo-science that happens to support their political point of view. Whether they would actually stop spouting any old gibberish that backs them up is another matter!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now