Learning Korean

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Stressed?Moi?

Re: Learning Korean

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

I really like Seoul. I would love the excuse to take my daughter there to "learn the language". Purely for educational purposes obviously!!
Surferfish

Post by Surferfish »

I'm sure Seoul is a wonderful city, but not sure it would be my first choice destination for a family trip at the present moment... :shock:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3443226/n ... m-jong-un/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

I haven't been for 18 months now but all the Seoul residents I have spoken to have a grudging acceptance of their "neighbour"; they just sort of get on with it with an eye-roll. They've had approximately 30,000 US military personnel based there for many years now and many were more disparaging of them than their neighbours; one saying he felt the country was occupied. But yes, I agree, I won't be going back again for a little while and it may be that the residents currently aren't quite so laid back poor things.
Rosy Pippin

Post by Rosy Pippin »

Hello everyone - really sorry to have been incommunicado for so long (no I didn't go to Seoul!) - we've done a few trips to New Malden (great suggestion - thanks) and have bought a few language books and downloads which seem to be doing the job.
It takes a village to raise a child
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

My neice is studying Korean and is doing a year at uni in Seoul, the photos she posts are amazing!
piggys

Post by piggys »

My dd2 (12 yrs old) is also fascinated by Korea and all matters Korean, but only because she is OBSESSED with BTS and K-pop!!
Rosy Pippin

Post by Rosy Pippin »

Ah yes, BTS, KPOP, and K dramas (strangely addictive) feature heavily here too! Still if that's motivation to learn a language/understand a culture then all power to them! (I remember being obsessed with Australia - that's Neighbours for you). After a bit of pestering from me, there will be Korean lessons offered at a language school nearby so we're first on the list.
It takes a village to raise a child
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now