Teaching your DCs what to do in an emergency.

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Tinkers

Teaching your DCs what to do in an emergency.

Post by Tinkers »

Following on from what happens in Manchester, I've seen this today shared by a friend on FB.
It's obviously written by an American (so for example, it mentions 911 instead of 999) but in general it's worth a look. I thought we had gone through what to do with DD, but there's a couple of things here I'll certainly add.

http://coolmompicks.com/blog/2017/05/23 ... m-parents/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One thing it doesn't mention and something we have actually not just taught but done in practice. If you think there's trouble, walk away, quickly. Don't stop to look and watch.

We were in Durham a couple of years ago, watching a man playing bagpipes. He noticed a rucksack unattended and stopped. He walked towards a police officer he saw and pointed it out. At that point we realised and walked away.

Last month I took DD to London to see a musical. We arrived very early, but wanted to know where we were going. Once we got there, hoards of police cars with sirens turned up the street. Again, time to start walking quickly in the other direction.
tiffinboys

Re: Teaching your DCs what to do in an emergency.

Post by tiffinboys »

Good post, Tinkers...
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now