Please be nice to other forum members

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Moderators

Please be nice to other forum members

Post by Moderators »

We want the forum to be a welcoming place, as well as a source of sound information.

Some of our posters need to adopt a much friendlier tone (even though the advice they give may be excellent).

The following PM was sent by one member to another, and is reproduced with their kind permission.
In all the time that I spent reading information and the responses to questions, I could not help notice how different your responses were to some other regular responders. I wanted to say thank you for being so very helpful and always having such a nice tone to your messages, even when you might not have agreed with things. You always said things so nicely and never had any negativity in your responses. Unfortunately some of the others do not share your style and at times it comes across like school playground bullying and intimidation. Your style was always so professional whilst unfortunately theirs on many occasions was far from it. Sometimes the difference was glaringly obvious...because you all would have responded with the same point of view but your response would be so much more nicer and respectful. Thank you for that. I am sure you have helped a lot of people over the years. I might not be on here much now, but before I left, I wanted to let you know that the professional way in which you operated was noticed and well received by me...and I am sure it must have been by others too.

Thank you for all the help you have provided and the way you did it. I am sure that there have been many like me who have benefited. Please continue to stay as nice as you are and not get sucked into the negativity.
Moderators reserve the right to remove or edit posts from members who are rude/unnecessarily argumentative, or who stubbornly insist on always having the last word.

Sometimes the wisest course of action is to walk away from an argument.
If someone has offended you, please do not retaliate on the forum.
If the matter is serious, hit the report button. You may not receive any acknowledgement, but moderators will read your comments, and consider carefully what action is required. They may decide, for example, to edit a post, to remove the entire post/topic if appropriate, or simply to keep a watchful eye on the thread.

Extract from Forum Rules
1. Name calling, insults and “flaming” (provocative or hostile posting) are not permitted.
2. Posts that may cause offence or are simply inappropriate ...... will be removed without warning.

Forum Etiquette:
1. Be polite. Even though you are looking at a computer screen and cannot see other members, they are real people who have feelings.
2. “Think first, post second.” A post may not always read the same to others as it does to you. Review your post before submitting it and consider how it will be received by others. If your post is misinterpreted and causes offence, explain and apologise.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now