Christmas 2017

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

quasimodo

Christmas 2017

Post by quasimodo »

Its Black Friday and many are out shopping or on their technology making purchases.Not me, there are still 29 shopping days left.I saw this safety concern regarding certain presents so I thought I'd post the links.

https://iconewsblog.org.uk/2017/11/23/t ... d-devices/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... sents.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The second link is sensationalised and over hyped but contains useful information.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
loobylou

Re: Christmas 2017

Post by loobylou »

I was in Tesco this week and bought a couple of presents. The shop assistant asked if I was getting a couple of presents in early? I didn't have the heart to tell her that this now completed all my Christmas shopping :oops:
piggys

Post by piggys »

quasimodo wrote:Its Black Friday and many are out shopping or on their technology making purchases.Not me, there are still 29 shopping days left.I saw this safety concern regarding certain presents so I thought I'd post the links.

https://iconewsblog.org.uk/2017/11/23/t ... d-devices/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... sents.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The second link is sensationalised and over hyped but contains useful information.
the daily Fail - sensationalising ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I don't believe it! :lol:
piggys

Post by piggys »

If Mr Dacre had his way we'd probably all be living under a medieval feudal system and would implement a system of slavery. All land, money and power would remain in the hands of a tiny white male elite. Oh, hang on.... :shock:
piggys

Post by piggys »

Sorry for the hijack, Quasimodo.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Shuddering to see the C word in a thread title. My annual desire to hibernate until January 2 (thereby not only missing C, but also my own birthday and N**Y***) will soon reach a peak. :|
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Amber wrote:Shuddering to see the C word in a thread title. My annual desire to hibernate until January 2 (thereby not only missing C, but also my own birthday and N**Y***) will soon reach a peak. :|

I was wondering if it would be acceptable to use my mod privileges and assign this thread to the dungeon. :lol:

Bah humbug.
doodles

Post by doodles »

I have 5 close family birthdays to negotiate before Christmas :shock: - 2 next week and then 1 a week until 21st December.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

DH has forwarded an email from a close family member, itself forwarding the email from a family member very close to that family member (if you see what I mean), attaching a list of what that person wishes to see under the tree on Christmas Day. Complete, apparently, with links to the appropriate websites.

I say 'apparently'; I haven't actually opened the document myself. The wording of both forwarded emails made me think that having never yet sent anyone one of these 'presents' from Oxfam which consist of a card telling the recipient that a field latrine or a goat has been donated to some far-flung village in their name, this year might be a good time to start :shock: .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Amber

Post by Amber »

Do it! I dare you!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now