13+ Preparation

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Marble2604

13+ Preparation

Post by Marble2604 »

Can anyone please recommend resources that will help prepare my child sitting the 13+ exam next year?

Thanks in advance!
Sally-Anne

Re: 13+ Preparation

Post by Sally-Anne »

You will need to tell us which school or schools you are applying to. The content of the 13+ is usually very specific to an individual school.

Alternatively, if you know from the admissions policy which topics the test covers, we can probably advise you based on that information.
Marble2604

Post by Marble2604 »

Thanks!

They'll be sitting the Bucks 13+ for Grammar school entry and also the Bedfordshire Independent school test.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Be aware that, even if your child qualifies, there are currently very few 13+ places these days.

https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/edu ... vacancies/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Check here for the 13+ process for school(s) you are interested in:

https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/edu ... admission/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Marble2604

Post by Marble2604 »

Thanks Guest55

I understand the chances are slim for my child to get a 13+ place - must change their school ASAP so looking at all options. They passed 12+ and no places available. We'll give it a go, you never know!

In the meantime we are looking at all possible options for change of school...e.g. now also considering Independent Schools as there are no places at alternative local schools.

Would really appreciate any guidance on resources to review in preparation for the Bucks 13+ test and the entrance tests for Bedfordshire Independent Schools - Harper Trust.

Thanks
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

If your DD took the 12 plus last year & passed the preparation will be pretty much the same (although it may depend on the school) , I would have thought. I've never heard of the Bedfordshire schools but maybe post in the Independent Schools section? This is "Everything else" so it may get missed (might also be worth asking to have this post moved to the Buckinghamshire section).
Last edited by scary mum on Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
scary mum
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

If you let us know if you want this thread moving and where to, one of the mods will do that for you.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now