11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
skipsmash

Re: Birthday present for 12 year old boy

Post by skipsmash »

Amber, so do I. :roll:
KB

Post by KB »

You can get very smart metal tool boxes of various sizes, larger ones on wheels, that he can keep his stuff in and will last into adult use.

Depending where you are situated an archery taster session with friends or an outdoor activity centre challenge day? Less violent than paintball possibly.
skipsmash

Post by skipsmash »

KB, the tool box is a good idea.

He has said he'd like some meccano and motors so he can make his own car.

Meanwhile dh and I have found a remote controlled car that looks very robust and can apparently go over all terrains - but it has to be assembled.

The archery taster day sounds good, I'll find out more. His friend's birthday is today. He got an Apple watch - gulp, what would that have cost? Bit more than second hand meccano.

A few of them sat in lessons posting on Instagram on this watch. :roll: I'm surprised these watches are allowed in school.

What would I do without you all? Thank you.
KB

Post by KB »

If you have the space a fun activity for a cheap birthday party is a mini version of the great egg race. Simply , collect lots of junk and some useful bitds of mecccano etc and teams have to build to a specification to move an egg over an obstacle course. Sure there must be more info if you Google.

An apple watch in year 7! We have contributed to 18th and 21st birthday presents of this magnitude for relations, god children etc. I'm in the Meccano and Lego camp with you skipsmash :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now