Salisbury

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mystery

Re: Salisbury

Post by mystery »

Whatever explanation one dreams up, it's terrible in some way or other that this stuff is still "on the loose".

I'm still finding it very odd that she supposedly lives in "sheltered accommodation" near the bench.

House prices down again in Salisbury I guess.
Amber

Post by Amber »

mike1880 wrote:I've never needed hard drugs to become drooling and incoherent and my impression is that several fellow forumites are in the same boat. Not Amber, obviously.
I would make a terrible junkie as one piriton sends me to sleep for 14 hours (perhaps because I am so sleep-deprived), and I can't take codeine (well why would you anyway? ghastly muck) or morphine as they send me doolally, so heroine is out. Shucks.
mike1880 wrote:It would be a less worrying development if they just happened to find it in a park and try it on the offchance.
As you do.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

one piriton sends me to sleep for 14 hours
Rushes off to pharmacy :lol:
scary mum
mystery

Post by mystery »

Me too - but bet you don't need the paramedics dressed in hazard protection gear to take you away. Has it become standard procedure to wear this stuff in Wiltshire or were they already suspecting something bad when they went to pick up the second one from that address?

https://news.sky.com/video/novichok-vic ... e-11426545" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mystery

Post by mystery »

Now it's in a bottle. Really confusing.
bravado

Post by bravado »

hermanmunster wrote:
The QE gardens are not that near the other sites and TBH can't imagine that there is anywhere there to hide anything.
I could probably walk swiftly to the bench or The Mill, from "Lizzie Gardens", as us locals call it, in about 4 minutes. Funnily enough, I had a similar conversation with someone at work the other day, saying it was was fairly close, explaining how long it would take me to walk to the general area of Sainsbury's etc (ie The Maltings) and that there's not much scope for hiding anything in Lizzie Gardens.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

now sounds like it is a perfume bottle - which might explain why Ms Sturgess may have had a larger dose.

Reminder to people not to pick up random half used perfume bottles they find in the park :? :shock:
Amber

Post by Amber »

I think perhaps the bottle may have been acquired under the assumption that it contained something other than perfume. Depending upon the mode of delivery one can imagine that death would be the only outcome. I gather other items may have been found at the flat suggesting that the unfortunate lady was not just dabbing herself with a spot of eau de toilette when she was taken ill. All speculation and gossip, of course, as the whole thing is really.

I read an analysis by Ben McIntyre which suggested that the Russian state itself would not be behind such a messy operation and that if they were involved there would have been one, targeted death and no collateral damage, nor stuff hanging round in bottles two months later. He suggested the most likely culprits were disaffected Russian military types who held a grudge against Skripal for defecting.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Amber wrote:I think perhaps the bottle may have been acquired under the assumption that it contained something other than perfume. Depending upon the mode of delivery one can imagine that death would be the only outcome. I gather other items may have been found at the flat suggesting that the unfortunate lady was not just dabbing herself with a spot of eau de toilette when she was taken ill. All speculation and gossip, of course, as the whole thing is really.

I read an analysis by Ben McIntyre which suggested that the Russian state itself would not be behind such a messy operation and that if they were involved there would have been one, targeted death and no collateral damage, nor stuff hanging round in bottles two months later. He suggested the most likely culprits were disaffected Russian military types who held a grudge against Skripal for defecting.
Sounds about right - I think that if the GRU or whoever were doing this, then they would never have left a bottle behind and if they had, then they would have retrieved it after news that the poison had been identified.
mystery

Post by mystery »

I suppose she could have picked it up the day of the skripql poisoning and not touched it until the day she got ill. Or, maybe it was put in some waste thing in Salisbury only recently once the first clean up operation was officially over and she picked it out of a bin then. It was a big enough mystery first time round. Now it is a series of unfortunate events.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now