Teenager doesn't get out of bed until midday

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Amber

Re: Teenager doesn't get out of bed until midday

Post by Amber »

I have the opposite problem and can't sleep. I envy anyone who can sleep beyond 7am, especially if they haven't been awake half the damn night as well.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Amber wrote:I have the opposite problem and can't sleep. I envy anyone who can sleep beyond 7am, especially if they haven't been awake half the damn night as well.
Tell me about it, Amber! :D
scary mum
doodles

Post by doodles »

And me :(
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

I'm it isn't just me then... rarely later than 6:15, and all of my DC are up at the crack of dawn also.. even the 17 year old
Amber

Post by Amber »

I often wonder how good I could be if I only slept... :(
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Yep married one if those and have to put up with his ridiculously early alarm settings.
food4thought

Post by food4thought »

Interesting there is scientific proof that teens need to sleep later and wake it up later. Yes you are right, i just don't like him sleeping late in the morning, ...as you miss the wonderful sunny mornings. So much can be done and enjoyed in the morning, I think. He seems to make his own breakfast when he wakes up eventually as midday. but then he cant eat his lunch as he is full. This is fine but he complains that he is skinny as well. i think I'm going to bury my head in the sand and let him get on with it. :?
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

I'm an insomniac too, yet in my teens (many moons ago) I slept in until 2-3 and my teenage nephews are now the same.

My parents just let me get on with it and am glad they did as it was the only time in my life I slept 'properly' :shock:
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

There are many occasions I bury my head in the sand re teens. Sometimes justified sometimes not so. I know what you mean about worrying they are missing out. It is the hardest thing as a parent, aware of how quickly time passes.
RedVelvet

Post by RedVelvet »

I remember those early morning toddler starts, I love a teenager sleeping in! It's definitely a developmental thing. I think that there's a new school in Cheltenham considering a later start, although I think it's traffic related, but it would make sense.

In the US the elementary, middle and high schools all start progressively earlier (in order to make good use of bus transport) in never made sense to me that the older teens started ridiculously early.

My teen has a weekend job in a cafe and he's always up on time for that. I guess money trumps sleep.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now