Overlooked again :(

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Amber

Overlooked again :(

Post by Amber »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43840710" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Could someone please explain to me why this is 'news'? I see that TM and lots of others 'gave their backing' to Charles...were there lots of other contenders, and when did the finals take place? I'm afraid it looks like an inside job to me.

I suppose I am a little surprised Clare Balding didn't get it though - she seems to be in on everything else.
kenyancowgirl

Re: Overlooked again :(

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Only when Ant & Dec aren’t available......
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

kenyancowgirl wrote:Only when Ant & Dec aren’t available......
Never actually been a massive fan of these anyway but everyone still seems to be apologising for his actions?!

To have a health problem, a dependency, or something out of your control is sad, but to choose to drive when drunk, especially when you have other means is just plain wrong. Hope they throw the book at him.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Not exactly....£86000 fine plus banned for 18 months.....but when you earn £150000 per week, a drop in the ocean....
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

kenyancowgirl wrote:Not exactly....£86000 fine plus banned for 18 months.....but when you earn £150000 per week, a drop in the ocean....

And when you can have a driver at any point no problem..
hopefully the injured family will sue..
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I read an article where the mother showed great compassion actually saying she hoped that he was able to get better. I don't think any of them were seriously injured, thankfully. I wondered if the family were not going to sue as I think they came across with great dignity adn by far the better people.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Amber wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43840710

Could someone please explain to me why this is 'news'? I see that TM and lots of others 'gave their backing' to Charles...

Not actual looked at this one before - i wondered what it was you thought I'd done now, until I realised that it was an IRL 'TM' to whom you referred :lol: .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
piggys

Post by piggys »

stroudydad wrote:
kenyancowgirl wrote:Not exactly....£86000 fine plus banned for 18 months.....but when you earn £150000 per week, a drop in the ocean....

And when you can have a driver at any point no problem..
hopefully the injured family will sue..
What do you mean, 'sue'? sue for what? the case has already gone to court and he has pleaded guilty and been sentenced accordingly. On what legal basis are you recommending further legal action ?
Twinkle

Post by Twinkle »

Piggys - I assume that StroudyDad is referring to sueing for personal injury or any other losses. This would be a civil action and is separate to the criminal proceedings.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now