Vaccinations

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Surferfish

Re: Vaccinations

Post by Surferfish »

anotherdad wrote:I don't understand how there is a continuing market for homeopathic stuff because if it gets more effective the more its diluted, you only ever need to buy one bottle of it and when you're close to it running out, you mix up a new batch of even greater potency! :lol:
Ah anotherdad, if only it were that easy. Simply diluting the mixture multiple times until you had none of the original ingredient left would just be plain silly. The act of "potentization" is not simply a matter of repeated dilution. It also involves shaking or agitating the mixture in exactly the right way during each dilution, so that the fundamental essence of the original ingredients will be dynamically transferred to the water molecules and "remembered" (or somefink). Of course only a highly qualified (and highly paid) homeopath has the technical expertise required to do this. :wink:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

all you need to know about homeopathy

https://youtu.be/Cg2CQqMaU1I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
piggys

Post by piggys »

It's very easy to be scathing. It's a little less easy when you know children who have been damaged permanently by vaccinations, as I do. Please do not tell people whose children have been affected that they are liars, inventing it and so on.
mystery

Post by mystery »

I think there is definitely occasionally vaccine damage - but no clear link proven between MMR and autism. And also, there is, of course damage from many of the things that vaccines have been developed for. Which was why they were developed.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Surferfish wrote:
anotherdad wrote:I don't understand how there is a continuing market for homeopathic stuff because if it gets more effective the more its diluted, you only ever need to buy one bottle of it and when you're close to it running out, you mix up a new batch of even greater potency! :lol:
Ah anotherdad, if only it were that easy. Simply diluting the mixture multiple times until you had none of the original ingredient left would just be plain silly. The act of "potentization" is not simply a matter of repeated dilution. It also involves shaking or agitating the mixture in exactly the right way during each dilution, so that the fundamental essence of the original ingredients will be dynamically transferred to the water molecules and "remembered" (or somefink). Of course only a highly qualified (and highly paid) homeopath has the technical expertise required to do this. :wink:
Yes, and that specific shaking has its roots in the way the original preparations were transported - by horse and cart. It was thought that one needed to replicate the motion to replicate the effect. There's also some nonsense about bottles being hit with leather and horse hair, for the same reason.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

piggys wrote:It's very easy to be scathing. It's a little less easy when you know children who have been damaged permanently by vaccinations, as I do. Please do not tell people whose children have been affected that they are liars, inventing it and so on.
It's very easy to be scathing of homeopathy because it is nonsense and not even its most ardent advocates can point to any serious, properly-reviewed research outcomes to prove its effectiveness, despite having been challenged to for decades. It's as credible as flat-Earth theory - something that somehow still has its supporters despite an overwhelming body of evidence and rationality against it.

Who has been scathing of those whose children have been permanently harmed by vaccinations, or called them liars for that matter? I understand that it's a matter of record that a small number of children have tragic adverse reactions to being vaccinated, some from biological reactions and some from the physical act of injection itself. No one is accusing them of lying. Their circumstances are rightly recorded, researched and used to make changes where they are required, but to simply stop mass-immunisation as a consequence would lead to many more children facing harm.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/scie ... 0828134753" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

:lol:

Reminds me of the 10:23 campaign, named as a nod to Avogadro's number, where hundreds of people publicly mass-overdosed on homeopathic "medicine" as a demonstration of the complete ineffectiveness of it all and in protest at Boots the chemist's endorsement and sale of homeopathic products. Hundreds didn't die. Or even get mildly queasy.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Lol! But never overdose on their herbal sleeping tablets - if they're still allowed to sell them. Bought some about 20 years ago and took one standard dose. Felt really drugged up and and rubbish for most of the following day.

I've never really understood why some people feel that herbal medicines are safer than properly tested and formulated prescription and over the counter medications because it's "natural". Some of them are, of course, really potent.
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

Many years ago I was working in paediatrics and there was a young boy with brittle asthma. His parents refused to allow him to have any steroidb based inhalers and said they were going to manage it with herbal remedies. We didn't see him in A and E for ages (which was unusual for him) and then they turned up triumphantly in clinic, delighted that he had had no asthma attacks since he started this treatment. He was properly Cushingoid -
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/cushings-syndrome/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
and later on it was shown that the "herbal tablets" contained massive doses of steroids (hundreds of times more than any inhaler!)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now