World Cup 2018

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Amber

Re: World Cup 2018

Post by Amber »

anotherdad wrote:This time, had England won the World Cup, I was dreading the Faragistas somehow claiming it as a Brexit triumph
Absolutely, so was I. And it detracting media attention from the ****show which Brexit has become.*
anotherdad wrote:Looking at their performance rationally, though, it isn't as heroic as some have made out.
You would think from the red top headlines yesterday that not only had they won the thing, but that they had done so in the face of some huge adversity. The word 'hero' is well overused these days but surely being knocked out in the semi-finals is not heroic unless you have done so against huge odds and in dire circumstances. Which they didn't.

*I gather Trump is now claiming that if only May had listened to him, it would all be OK. Unfortunate pictures of them holding hands ('like a 3 year old being taken to the toilet' according to one Twitter user) doing the rounds this morning.
Surferfish

Re: World Cup 2018

Post by Surferfish »

Amber wrote:*I gather Trump is now claiming that if only May had listened to him, it would all be OK. Unfortunate pictures of them holding hands ('like a 3 year old being taken to the toilet' according to one Twitter user) doing the rounds this morning.
Which one was the 3 year old? :?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now