Tory party falling apart?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

loobylou

Tory party falling apart?

Post by loobylou »

So Boris and David Davis clearly feel that they are going to lose any political longevity by staying close to the PM. How many more will go before there's a leadership challenge and who will challenge other than Hunt or Gove? (Will Boris? Will it not be too obviously Machiavellian?)
I don't like May but Gove, Hunt and Boris are even worse...
RedVelvet

Re: Tory party falling apart?

Post by RedVelvet »

During the US presidential campaign I joked with my husband about Trump as President and Johnson as PM. Not so funny now.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Jacob RM?
Then we really can go back to the 1950s, like so many of those who voted for Brexit seemed to want.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Good news Loobylou! Jeremy Hunt is no longer Health secretary.

Well we have to find some positives...
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Please say gove won't get the health brief... Thanks
doodles

Post by doodles »

He hasn't .... Somebody called Matt Hancock.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Just back from watching Imperium.

Circero says "Sometimes stupid people vote other stupid people into power."

Big and only laugh of the night! DG
piggys

Post by piggys »

This is for sure the worst, most inept and incompetent government since the days of John Major. It's not as if there is a strong and united opposition waiting to swoop either. That's bad for the country.

I am not a Tory but there have always been one or two who I thought were pretty decent people and for whom I had some respect - William Hague, for example. But now there is absolutely no one. They are all vile and self serving - and no more so than the deeply nasty Boris Johnson who is the biggest Judas of all time. I am still waiting for him to explain where the Garden Bridge £45 million went- why has he not been held to account?

And as for Jacob RM - it's impossible to encapsulate in words how remote from ordinary life this person is. This is the man who is opposed to abortion even in instances of rape and incest, and the man who said food banks are a good thing because they demonstrate the generosity of the British people. I expect he'd welcome the reintroduction of Workhouses and Debtors' Prisons as well,given the chance.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Daogroupie wrote:Just back from watching Imperium.

Circero says "Sometimes stupid people vote other stupid people into power."

Big and only laugh of the night! DG
Loved the original novel which was part of a series by Robert Harris.I was aware the RSC were putting on a play based on the novel in Stratford upon Avon, but had forgotten until your reminder.Times change people don't nor their struggles for power.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

Hancock looks as though the only thing he'll bring to the Health Secretary role is the continuing ability to use rude puns about the surname.

In his role as Minister of State for Energy, he was criticised for hiring a private jet to fly back from a climate conference[19] and accepting money[20] from climate change denial organisation Global Warming Policy Foundation. In October 2014, he apologized after retweeting a poem suggesting that the Labour Party was "full of queers", describing his actions as a "total accident".

I think the best we can hope for probably is that he is less Teflon coated than his predecessor.