Royal Academy Summer Exhibition 2018

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

WindowGlass

Royal Academy Summer Exhibition 2018

Post by WindowGlass »

All

I'd highly recommend this. Went last week and spent a good 2-3 hours there: it was well worth the £18 for adults and free for children (although you still need to book them in). We all enjoyed it and then a stroll down to Chinatown, theatre-land and Trafalgar square.
Th exhibition is so diverse. There's something for everyone I'm sure. Well done G.P. and the RA.
ToadMum

Re: Royal Academy Summer Exhibition 2018

Post by ToadMum »

WindowGlass wrote:All

I'd highly recommend this. Went last week and spent a good 2-3 hours there: it was well worth the £18 for adults and free for children (although you still need to book them in). We all enjoyed it and then a stroll down to Chinatown, theatre-land and Trafalgar square.
Th exhibition is so diverse. There's something for everyone I'm sure. Well done G.P. and the RA.
I went to the accompanying 'Great Spectacle' exhibition last week (for those of you familiar with the Barber Institute at the University of Birmingham, there is a rather nice Reynolds on loan from there http://barber.org.uk/joshua-reynolds-1723-1792-3/, albeit hung in a gallery which seems to suck all the colour out of it :roll: ). The idea being that somehow I would manage to get DS2 up there for the 'real thing'. He has cried off twice now, not fancying London in the heat, but I believe we are 'on' for tomorrow :) . He is a weirdly talented artist himself - neither of us can fathom where he gets it from. (A cousin on my side has a similar talent, but definitely gets hers from her mum, who was not a blood relative of mine).

I combined my visit to the RA with the National Portrait Gallery for the BP Portrait
https://www.npg.org.uk/whatson/bp-portr ... xhibitors/. About which, I can only say, I care not for its detractors - I think all the portraits are wonderful and reading some of the 'blurbs' brought a tear to my eye.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx