NFER Maths & English tests

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Road Runner

NFER Maths & English tests

Post by Road Runner »

Can anyone enlighten me

My dd has just completed NFER Maths and English tests at school(she's year5). Both papers were general, mixed maths, and english comp, spelling, literacy with no VR. By all accounts the school uses the results as indicators as to whether a child would pass the 11+. Based on our dd scoring above the class's average on both we have been told she is "in the zone for passing" (obviously only an indicator) however as she scored less then 121 and did no VR at all how can this be an indicator?? Her class had a maths average score of 104 and an English 111.

any ideas anyone?

Mel
Bexley

Post by Bexley »

From reading other posts, it seems being a level 3 in yr2 and level 5 in yr 5 or good level 5 in yr6 , can also be a general indication of how a child could perform, although these are not related to VR or NVR.

To be honest,when my daughter's year took the 11+, I had a fairly good idea of which children had a reasonable chance of passing and those that didn't. This was just based on their general ability and turned out to be fairly accurate ,so in the same way, the tests your daughter sat can probably give a fair indication of those that stand a chance of getting a selective place. :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now