For Europeans concerned by Brexit

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
BucksBornNBred

Re: For Europeans concerned by Brexit

Post by BucksBornNBred »

But we don't want the eggs out of the cake - we just don't like the cake. It's Black Forest Gateau and we like Victoria Sponge. Even when the cake was offered at a discount we decided we didn't like it, so it would be stupid to think again and buy it at full price; we just don't like the cake.
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

Surferfish wrote:Like it JaneEyre :D

Here's another similar one.
I prefer yours, Surferfish, thank you! :D
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

How far do the clocks go back?That is the question!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14rtbz ... RRaryGzAMJ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

At least he is honest!

Brexit Secretary Dominic Raab admits he 'did not quite understand' UK's reliance on Dover trade route
https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-secre ... Lbl2RZv5HQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

but this is rather tragic!
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Someone on twitter pointed out that he probably thinks that the continental shelf is where the Brexit food supplies are stored.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

What an utter disaster as the leaked details reveal the complete betrayal of all those who voted for a different future in the referendum.This was inevitable when the process was put in the hands of Theresa May and her civil servants.A person who voted for remain and campaigned for it and supposedly believed in the arguments.The vote to her would have been a disaster and her approach from her is not to believe in the project but as more a damage limitation exercise.

The political establishment has been hard at work.The millions being spent on a second vote after the electorate have made their views known in a referendum and at two elections.The millions behind the scenes in hiring venues,hiring buses, on social media and so on.Look at yesterdays has been politicians hard at work, your Tony Blairs and your John Majors amongst others their tentacles reaching out behind the scenes.The new editor of the daily mail a remainer having lunch with John major the week before he takes over the newspaper and the political stance of the paper changing overnight.The daily express bought by the same group who own the mirror.Both previously arguing for Brexit and now both newspapers singing a different tune so todays headlines should come as no surprise.The power of money hard at work.

What has been lost is a belief in democracy and the power of the ballot box away from the privileged lifestyles lived in the Metropolitan bubble.

I for one have lost faith in our politicians and lost my faith in Theresa May months earlier. History was going to judge Theresa May on Brexit and Brexit alone and found her to be wanting.But as a conservative politician she has divided her party more than ever and ensured that it will be blamed at the ballot box for not delivering on its Brexit promises.

Death by a thousand cuts is now our political way forward.What a calamity.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Remember what David Cameron said on the eve of the 2015 general election, just three years ago?

"Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband."

That aged well, didn't it. About as well as May's 'strong and stable' mantra.

We should have had a coalition government as soon as the referendum result was determined. I wouldn't trust the current crop of Tories to run a bath. Whether you're a Leaver or Remainer, they've made an absolute mess of the whole thing and if there was an opposition worth the name, the Tories would be out on their ears for a generation. I cannot think of a less competent government in my lifetime.
Stimela

Post by Stimela »

quasimodo wrote:What an utter disaster as the leaked details reveal the complete betrayal of all those who voted for a different future in the referendum.This was inevitable when the process was put in the hands of Theresa May and her civil servants.A person who voted for remain and campaigned for it and supposedly believed in the arguments.The vote to her would have been a disaster and her approach from her is not to believe in the project but as more a damage limitation exercise.

The political establishment has been hard at work.The millions being spent on a second vote after the electorate have made their views known in a referendum and at two elections.The millions behind the scenes in hiring venues,hiring buses, on social media and so on.Look at yesterdays has been politicians hard at work, your Tony Blairs and your John Majors amongst others their tentacles reaching out behind the scenes.The new editor of the daily mail a remainer having lunch with John major the week before he takes over the newspaper and the political stance of the paper changing overnight.The daily express bought by the same group who own the mirror.Both previously arguing for Brexit and now both newspapers singing a different tune so todays headlines should come as no surprise.The power of money hard at work.

What has been lost is a belief in democracy and the power of the ballot box away from the privileged lifestyles lived in the Metropolitan bubble.

I for one have lost faith in our politicians and lost my faith in Theresa May months earlier. History was going to judge Theresa May on Brexit and Brexit alone and found her to be wanting.But as a conservative politician she has divided her party more than ever and ensured that it will be blamed at the ballot box for not delivering on its Brexit promises.

I know we're on the same page with this. What a Shower! I only wish Teresa May was as good at negotiating with the EU as she is her own cabinet. They say she won't get this through Parliament but I'm not so sure. She's beginning to remind me of the Terminator and seems to be indestructible.

Gosh. I am so depressed. When I read at the weekend that the EU were demanding we give in our Fishing rights as well as everything else I thought it must be a scare story but I've just heard Barnier saying that we have agreed to this in exchange for the Customs union backstop. Un-******-believable.

The worst is I now feel completely disenfranchised as there are effectively 3 Remainer parties to choose from at the next election. There is now talk that David Milliband could now lead a breakaway forth party, and guess what? - that would also strongly back staying in the EU.

If there was to be another referendum then the choice would probably be between this deal and remaining. Now let's see would I rather shoot myself with a revolver or a pistol?

No one and nothing to vote for. Time to dust off my copy of 'The Monster Raving Looney Party' manifesto. You know what if you look at some of their policies in a certain light .......
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Gosh, what a bunch of pessimists some of you are. To paraphrase advice I've heard a lot over two years: "Stop talking the country down. You won, get over it."
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Stimela wrote:
quasimodo wrote:What an utter disaster as the leaked details reveal the complete betrayal of all those who voted for a different future in the referendum.This was inevitable when the process was put in the hands of Theresa May and her civil servants.A person who voted for remain and campaigned for it and supposedly believed in the arguments.The vote to her would have been a disaster and her approach from her is not to believe in the project but as more a damage limitation exercise.

I know we're on the same page with this. What a Shower! I only wish Teresa May was as good at negotiating with the EU as she is her own cabinet. They say she won't get this through Parliament but I'm not so sure. She's beginning to remind me of the Terminator and seems to be indestructible.

Gosh. I am so depressed. When I read at the weekend that the EU were demanding we give in our Fishing rights as well as everything else I thought it must be a scare story but I've just heard Barnier saying that we have agreed to this in exchange for the Customs union backstop. Un-******-believable.

The worst is I now feel completely disenfranchised as there are effectively 3 Remainer parties to choose from at the next election. There is now talk that David Milliband could now lead a breakaway forth party, and guess what? - that would also strongly back staying in the EU.

If there was to be another referendum then the choice would probably be between this deal and remaining. Now let's see would I rather shoot myself with a revolver or a pistol?

No one and nothing to vote for. Time to dust off my copy of 'The Monster Raving Looney Party' manifesto. You know what if you look at some of their policies in a certain light .......
I agree entirely with your sentiments.

The first minister has just resigned.Sailesh Vara the Northern Ireland minister has tendered his resignation this morning.Looks like there will be a challenge to her leadership and its underway.Lets see how many ministers go.Long overdue this challenge.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln