For Europeans concerned by Brexit

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Surferfish

Re: For Europeans concerned by Brexit

Post by Surferfish »

Stimela wrote:
Surferfish wrote:
quasimodo wrote:After all when you have Tony Blair, John Major, the guardian , the BBC and now the Daily Mail in the same camp it is telling you something.
Indeed. If a former Conservative PM, a former Labour PM, The Guardian, the BBC and even The Daily Mail are all advising the same thing does it not make you wonder if they perhaps have a valid point? :?
The Daily Mail is not advising the same thing or perhaps you haven’t read the papers recently? They are backing Teresa’s sell out. The others want a second referendum.

Text removed by moderator

So no I don’t need a moment to think whether they have a valid point.
Fair point, I take it back. We should only listen to decent, honest folk like that lovely Mr Farage... :roll:
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

Stimela wrote:
Surferfish wrote:
quasimodo wrote:After all when you have Tony Blair, John Major, the guardian , the BBC and now the Daily Mail in the same camp it is telling you something.
Indeed. If a former Conservative PM, a former Labour PM, The Guardian, the BBC and even The Daily Mail are all advising the same thing does it not make you wonder if they perhaps have a valid point? :?
The Daily Mail is not advising the same thing or perhaps you haven’t read the papers recently? They are backing Teresa’s sell out. The others want a second referendum.

text removed by moderator

So no I don’t need a moment to think whether they have a valid point.
But the DM would did agree to the sell out before. It all reminds me of the time BT went on strike... nothing good came of it, the bonus was reduced and people for the strike slammed doors in the faces of people against. It was never the same after that. No-one likes to lose.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

BucksBornNBred wrote:The DM is not hate filled or fascist or racist
:lol: You've made me laugh on a grey, wet November day.
Stimela

Post by Stimela »

Amber wrote:
quasimodo wrote:I haven’t gone on the link
quasimodo wrote:Project fear in operation again.
So how do you know

FYI it was actually the Chancellor's own words. I am not sure he would be pleased to be accused of being part of 'Project Fear', whatever that is.
Project Fear is making us so frightened we just keep quiet and accept any old dross they throw at us so that we do exactly as they want. It is straight out of 1984. ‘Only Big Brother can keep us safe.’

This is Remainer Phil preparing the ground for us to stay in the EU. A report he says prepared by ‘our totally impartial Civil Servants’

Somewhere deep in a bunker in Brussels a sozzled Juncker is cackling demonically as he strokes his white cat affectionately known as Teresa.

‘There, there dear. Didn’t I tell you not to worry. It’s all going to plan.
Ha Ha Ha. .... Ha, Ha Ha Ha Ha ....
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

anotherdad wrote:
So sad. If they printed anything racist/facist/etc then it would be illegal. They can't cross that line. I think too many people are looking for the worst all the time and feeling very proud of themselves when they think they have found it (anyone for destroying historic paintings tomorrow ;-) ).
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

BucksBornNBred wrote:
anotherdad wrote:
So sad. If they printed anything racist/facist/etc then it would be illegal. They can't cross that line. I think too many people are looking for the worst all the time and feeling very proud of themselves when they think they have found it
I didn't have to look that hard.
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

anotherdad wrote:I didn't have to look that hard.
Show me one... or better still, report it to the press commission. I have never seen anything remotely racist in the DM. Anything they print that could be construed as racist can always be backed up by fact if you seek it out. They cannot cross that line. And if they do then report them.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

BucksBornNBred wrote:
Show me one... or better still, report it to the press commission. I have never seen anything remotely racist in the DM. Anything they print that could be construed as racist can always be backed up by fact if you seek it out. They cannot cross that line. And if they do then report them.
I rarely post on political threads, and I have few strongly held opinions, but I have posted this before on the forum regarding the Daily Mail: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eBT6OSr1TI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

There's another article below.
Go to the Holocaust Exhibition at the Imperial War Museum and read the Daily Mail headlines from the time. Then compare them with today's versions.
I have patients who have severe disabilities who feel too guilty to claim the benefits to which they are entitled - when I break the story down, they are usually DM readers and believe the propaganda over and above their own truth.

Edited. Apologies I posted the wing link. This was the article I intended to link to.
https://www.globaljustice.org.uk/blog/2 ... daily-mail" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by loobylou on Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

Sally-Anne wrote:
BucksBornNBred wrote:
I rarely post on political threads, and I have few strongly held opinions, but I have posted this before on the forum regarding the Daily Mail: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eBT6OSr1TI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Again, I am sad. Just because it is in the DM doesn't mean it is untrue. All of those stories are true and can be found in The Times. Just a different spin. I can't help if the majority of DM readers are too stupid to find out the facts behind the headlines. I can - and do; if The Times insist they need their pound of flesh so I can't read it then so be it, but they report the same stories just with less drama!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now