For Europeans concerned by Brexit

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
anotherdad

Re: For Europeans concerned by Brexit

Post by anotherdad »

Well according to Boris Johnson, we're not trying hard enough to make Brexit work. This from a man that legged it as soon as it looked like it might be a bit difficult to implement. His constant war and military analogies are tiresome and betray his childish approach to the whole thing. I'm struggling to think of a less impressive supposed 'political heavyweight' there's been in recent years. I haven't a clue what he really stands for and more worryingly, I get the impression he doesn't either.
justkeepmoving

Post by justkeepmoving »

Me to being a European of this country and wanting to stay in both. Boris stands for whatever comes along that might get him the position of PM :(
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

Stupid Brexit.
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

JaneEyre wrote:EU nationals – understand your options post-Brexit
Free event

http://www.ukcen.co.uk/event/brexit-and ... irmingham/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I had hoped for so long that Brexit would not happen... :cry: :cry:
Oh JaneEyre, this feeling of uncertainty is certainly not a nice one. I have lived in the UK most of my adult life and going back to Sweden would not be an option for my family. We have made our home in England and with Brexit it feels as if we are not welcome. I have always felt welcome and part of society. Will that change?

Glad that there are others, who feel as I do on the forum. :(
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

Catseye wrote:Stupid Brexit.
Agree!!
Amber

Post by Amber »

Skylark wrote: I have lived in the UK most of my adult life and going back to Sweden would not be an option for my family. We have made our home in England and with Brexit it feels as if we are not welcome. I have always felt welcome and part of society. Will that change?
Can I swap you my English citizenship for your Swedish one?
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Amber wrote:Can I swap you my English citizenship for your Swedish one?
"You're not trying hard enough. Stop talking Britain down!"
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Skylark wrote:Oh JaneEyre, this feeling of uncertainty is certainly not a nice one. I have lived in the UK most of my adult life and going back to Sweden would not be an option for my family. We have made our home in England and with Brexit it feels as if we are not welcome. I have always felt welcome and part of society. Will that change?
You're very welcome and civil society will continue to welcome you. Leave the idiots and xenophobes to their daft ideas.
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

anotherdad wrote:
Skylark wrote:Oh JaneEyre, this feeling of uncertainty is certainly not a nice one. I have lived in the UK most of my adult life and going back to Sweden would not be an option for my family. We have made our home in England and with Brexit it feels as if we are not welcome. I have always felt welcome and part of society. Will that change?
You're very welcome and civil society will continue to welcome you. Leave the idiots and xenophobes to their daft ideas.
That's reassuring to know anotherdad. Just the uncertainty of the future, makes one weary at times. I'm sure it will all workout fine, in the end.
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

Brexit is stupid.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now