Broken iPhone screen

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sally-Anne

Re: Broken iPhone screen

Post by Sally-Anne »

ToadMum wrote:Book-covering film works well at holding screens together :) .
I almost posted that earlier!

We should start a club for sticky-back plastic fans. :D
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

We have a very useful guy here in East Reading that does that sort of thing, along with phone batteries, tablet repairs, laptop repairs etc. Operates out of his front room, but widely and highly recommended and I’ve used him myself. Certainly beats the rates of most others in the area.

It’s worth looking to see if there’s an equivalent in your area.

I suspect the house insurance excess is more than the cost of repair, but not as much as a new phone. Ours are also covered by our house insurance.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Ooh, me, me. My children used to hide new books because they knew I would slap sticky back plastic on them! DD was the only one who would indulge me, but I noticed the other day that her uni statistics book was still naked after 3 years!
scary mum
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Tinkers wrote:We have a very useful guy here in East Reading that does that sort of thing, along with phone batteries, tablet repairs, laptop repairs etc. Operates out of his front room, but widely and highly recommended and I’ve used him myself. Certainly beats the rates of most others in the area.

It’s worth looking to see if there’s an equivalent in your area.

I suspect the house insurance excess is more than the cost of repair, but not as much as a new phone. Ours are also covered by our house insurance.
Typical! I was in Reading yesterday!
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

DS had his i phone screen replaced. They fitted a complimentary screen protector and fitted a couple of new screws to the phone's outer casing which he'd lost. He was charged £45. It was a local phone repair shop just off our high street and done in 30 mins with a 3 month guarantee.
doodles

Post by doodles »

scary mum wrote:
Ooh, me, me. My children used to hide new books because they knew I would slap sticky back plastic on them! DD was the only one who would indulge me, but I noticed the other day that her uni statistics book was still naked after 3 years!
Me too, me too, got to looooovvvvveeee sticky back plastic !
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now