Is this common? School paying pupils to help out.

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Justinterested

Re: Is this common? School paying pupils to help out.

Post by Justinterested »

I also find it unusual for the Head Prefect to be selected from Year 12 . Normally this would be a year 13 pupil. Perhaps some info has been misunderstood along the way !
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

apparently there are 2 of them. That bit I am sure about, and the DBS and the £10 ph. What I don't really know is what he will be expected to do for it.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Justinterested wrote:I also find it unusual for the Head Prefect to be selected from Year 12 . Normally this would be a year 13 pupil. Perhaps some info has been misunderstood along the way !
Different school's run different systems. Our school has the "senior" prefects (including Head boy/girl) taking over as prefects in Y12, early in the Easter term, as it is recognised that Y13 have far more important things to be focussing on. All the other Y12 prefects come on stream at Easter, and the Y12 Senior prefects take on their Senior role from then. Perhaps this school picks it's Head prefects in Y12 in a similar way.

I have heard of students taking up paid roles in school - after classes - for example on the cleaning crew or helping run the after school bookings in the gym/sports facilities but certainly not as, what appears to be, a paid in class type role. I would think this has all sorts of conflicts of interest written all over it and would be wanting to speak to the head to understand what actually was going on.
Justinterested

Post by Justinterested »

Yes I think Easter /Summer Term is quite normal for prefects etc to take over but I have never heard of a Head Prefect being appointed at the beginning of year 12 .
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Justinterested wrote:Yes I think Easter /Summer Term is quite normal for prefects etc to take over but I have never heard of a Head Prefect being appointed at the beginning of year 12 .
Well, here you go with another one - DD's grammar school in sunny south east Essex :) . 'Hustings' in full flow yesterday.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now