Freecycle

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

cam

Post by cam »

The words 'need' and 'burger press' don't really work together, but Capers may take you up on the offer.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

You can't beat a home made burger with green chilli in! Cook and eat in a tortilla wrap instead of a bun. Yum yum. Just off to the kitchen to make myself something to eat...
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

medwaymum wrote:You can't beat a home made burger with green chilli in! Cook and eat in a tortilla wrap instead of a bun. Yum yum. Just off to the kitchen to make myself something to eat...
My other half makes his own burgers. Very popular with the kids and known in our house as McDaddies! :lol:
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

Marylou wrote:
medwaymum wrote:You can't beat a home made burger with green chilli in! Cook and eat in a tortilla wrap instead of a bun. Yum yum. Just off to the kitchen to make myself something to eat...
My other half makes his own burgers. Very popular with the kids and known in our house as McDaddies! :lol:
thinking of setting up a franchise???
cam

Post by cam »

Sorry, I adore proper home-made burgers, but we shape them with our hands ..... now if the kitchen or indeed the purse were bigger......
Sorry for delay in replying, have just been making tonight's cottage pie - I should have done burgers with the mince, but then where would that have left yesterdays left over (Should that be a compound word?) mashed potato?
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

cam wrote:Sorry, I adore proper home-made burgers, but we shape them with our hands ..... now if the kitchen or indeed the purse were bigger......
Sorry for delay in replying, have just been making tonight's cottage pie - I should have done burgers with the mince, but then where would that have left yesterdays left over (Should that be a compound word?) mashed potato?
Ah - how nice to meet someone else who always uses up leftovers! :) Having said that, in our house small amounts of leftover potato (as well as plate scraps) are donated to our chickens as it's a favourite treat for them :)
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

Marylou wrote: Ah - how nice to meet someone else who always uses up leftovers! :) Having said that, in our house small amounts of leftover potato (as well as plate scraps) are donated to our chickens as it's a favourite treat for them :)
in our house, we lick our plates clean :oops: to reduce washing up liquid needed for washing up.

actua11y, we are just greedy piggies :lol:

lucky chickens!!

the kiddos eat us out of house and home.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Sorry, I adore proper home-made burgers, but we shape them with our hands ..... now if the kitchen or indeed the purse were bigger......
Tofu / Tempeh burger, anyone?

I'm not that much of a kitchen gadget freak. I do have a Kenwood Chef (had it for 20 years), along with the usual attachments: spice mill, pasta maker, grain mill, liquidiser, grater / shredder and somewhere at the very back of the cupboard is the juicer attachment. Of these I use the spice mill & pasta maker most. The grater has been superseded by a food processor. Oh, and a dough hook - used weekly for pizza bases -always make at least double the quantity and bake the spare off as a loaf, as it's just my normal bread dough recipe - 600g extra strong flour, 315ml water, sachet yeast, some salt, some oil (olive normally) - mix together, need for 5 mins (ajusting flour & water to get right texture), rise, knock back, shape & rise again (though not on the third day), cook at GM8 'till done.

I have a wooden stand for drying home made pasta - that also gets used quite a bit.

I do have a dry bain-marie for melting & tempering up to 5 Kg of chocolate.

Other than that, not a lot. A selection of good knives - always kept sharp.

I bought some interesting cookery books for the children last week (1/2 term) - one day started with Breakfast Smoothies, French Toast for lunch, chocolate chip slices, then falafel for tea (but used 2 tins of chickpeas). Next day we made 2 batches of Granola (would have been easier to do just one, but both children wanted to do their own).
Capers
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now