Travel Mug - help needed!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
kenyancowgirl

Travel Mug - help needed!

Post by kenyancowgirl »

OK - so, having been scalded by hot coffee this morning (me) and having DS1 accidentally pour coffee all over his suit jacket from a leaking lid, we have deduced (!) that the Starbucks mug vacuum travel mug is not fit for purpose....and it is not the first one. It had only been used once before and hasn't been in the dishwasher so not sure what is going on there...unfortunately it was bought from TK Maxx and son has lost the receipt so can't even take it back!

However, the main issue is what to get now...DS1 loves hot coffee and likes to take it into school (they can buy coffee but that is £££, or make it in the common room but he tends to not go in there or have time to go in there - it's small and there are a lot of them!) Any suggestions of a really good travel mug that doesn't leak, keeps it piping hot and will last a bit longer than one trip etc? It is his 18th next week so it would need to be one that I can get ordered and here fairly quickly but would be a nice additional gift, I think.
mike1880

Re: Travel Mug - help needed!

Post by mike1880 »

I believe I saw some Thermos branded ones in Sainsburys this week (I hate the things personally so wasn't paying attention), you'd hope those would be reasonably solid.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

wife uses this one.
https://www.mountainwarehouse.com/diamo ... le%20pink/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Which is pretty good.

I used to have one that plugged into a usb connection to keep warm. Which was ace, but can’t remember the brand. I left it at a clients in Kirkby Stephen, so a long way to go to pick up a cup,
I’ll have a trawl around and see if I can see one.
RedPanda

Post by RedPanda »

A couple of Costa reusable cups appeared in the cupboard recently. No personal experience but they seem to be the favourite cups of the barista brigade in our household.
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

We have the Claas Olsen ones. It depends what you are asking of them - we keep them upright if in a bag just in case. They would leak from the sippy bit otherwise. The lids stays on pretty well though. We also have a proper thermos for one where the lid holds a small amount of coffee as a cup
Hera

Post by Hera »

I have had various over the years, but the best one that has lasted, not leaked, is easy to drink from is a red Thermos one that I bought from Waitrose.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Watching this thread with interest. I googled ‘best travel mugs’ and Contigo came up with lots of positive reviews.
guest201

Post by guest201 »

Lifeventure Thermal Mug from Millets keeps my coffee hot all day!
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

You drink day-old coffee?
doodles

Post by doodles »

I've put a S'well on my Xmas list. Pricey at about £30 but having used a friends one recently I was very impressed and to be honest I have probably wasted more than £30 over the years buying ones that don't work.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !