The #raisetherate campaign.

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Guest55

Re: The #raisetherate campaign.

Post by Guest55 »

Did you read the article I posted?

The funding for Sixth forms is more than 11 to 16 - the AWPU is greater - I can only support something for ALL education not this better resourced area.
MSD

Post by MSD »

Yes, I scanned through it.
Guest55 wrote:It isn't correct - before 2010 schools got MORE than colleges for running A levels - the changes brought schools down to what colleges were getting.
I was replying to your above comment, supported by figures from Institute of Fiscal Studies, that it is factually incorrect that changes to funding simply brought schools down to what colleges were getting for A levels. Looking at the published figures, the numbers were reduced drastically over the years for both schools and colleges, not just schools.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Sixth forms are the best resourced Key stage ...
MSD

Post by MSD »

Ah, on the contrary I heard funding for 16-19-year-olds is now 21 per cent lower than that for 11-16-year-olds. Here's a report on TES claiming Sixth forms at the 'bottom of a funding chasm' with more than three-quarters of schools and colleges (77 per cent) are teaching students in larger class sizes and half have reduced the delivery hours of individual courses.

https://www.tes.com/news/sixth-forms-bo ... new-report" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now