Friends

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Surferfish

Re: Friends

Post by Surferfish »

For those who enjoy 'Friends', I'd also recommend 'Frasier' and 'Seinfeld'. Two more long running US sitcoms from the same era.
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

Tinkers wrote:
BucksBornNBred wrote:DS hasn't got into it... I am guessing there aren't enough tanks or enough Clarkson :roll: Us oldies are loving it though - I don't think we have belly-laughed at a programme for a long time :) .. having said that BlackAdder still has its moments!

ETA: Joey is just as funny on the new Top Gear and DS will watch that! :D
He won’t be in the next series though.
I know :( I didn't think Clarkson could be replaced but I love Matt in his place. I was also wrong that Trump couldn't be replaced on The Apprentice but Schwarzenegger was brilliant ... "Get to the chopper" :lol:
Amber

Post by Amber »

I clicked on this thread thinking it was actually about, you know, friends. :oops:

And I thought oh how nice. But as I have never watched this programme I can't say anything (which makes a change for me, I admit).
Surferfish

Post by Surferfish »

BucksBornNBred wrote:I was also wrong that Trump couldn't be replaced on The Apprentice
Pity he didn't just stick to doing what he was good at... :(
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

Surferfish wrote:
BucksBornNBred wrote:I was also wrong that Trump couldn't be replaced on The Apprentice
Pity he didn't just stick to doing what he was good at... :(
:lol:
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Having been hooked on Killing Eve recently, I am now equally glued to Mrs Wilson on BBC iplayer...if you haven’t seen it, it’s fantastic, based on a true story with Ruth Wilson playing her real life grandmother....
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

kenyancowgirl wrote:Having been hooked on Killing Eve recently, I am now equally glued to Mrs Wilson on BBC iplayer...if you haven’t seen it, it’s fantastic, based on a true story with Ruth Wilson playing her real life grandmother....
I am enjoying this too. It's a fascinating story - she was talking about it on Graham Norton last week, alongside the brilliant Dawn French.

I enjoyed Friends back in the day and Will and Grace, but the boys seem to prefer Youtube, sighs. I might try them on the Big Bang theory though as I haven't watched it myself and have often fancied it.

I need to get out more, read a book or two. Every time I try to read before bed, I end up nodding off!
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

We’ve all loved TBBT in the Tinkers household, although I have to say the earlier series were funnier than later on.
Surferfish

Post by Surferfish »

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll have to give Mrs Wilson a go. (I liked Ruth in Luther and The Affair).

I'm currently watching "The Sinner" on BBC4 and IPlayer which I'm finding quite gripping. Quite a dark intense thriller.
Surferfish

Post by Surferfish »

Tinkers wrote:We’ve all loved TBBT in the Tinkers household, although I have to say the earlier series were funnier than later on.
Agree that earlier TBBT series were better. IMO it got less funny after they all started coupling up. That's probably true of a lot of sitcoms tbh, Friends too. Once the major characters start getting into serious long term relationships a lot of the humour gets lost.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now