Friends

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
kenyancowgirl

Friends

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I used to love this series, first time around, but am back enjoying it all over again with DS2....

I’m amazed how well it has stood the test of time - although quite odd as I had almost forgotten a time before mobile phones...

So nice to have a well written, funny, well acted thing to watch that we all chuckle at!
BucksBornNBred

Re: Friends

Post by BucksBornNBred »

kenyancowgirl wrote:I used to love this series, first time around, but am back enjoying it all over again with DS2....

I’m amazed how well it has stood the test of time - although quite odd as I had almost forgotten a time before mobile phones...

So nice to have a well written, funny, well acted thing to watch that we all chuckle at!
Totally agree, KCG - I can't believe it is still so funny after all these years. The only thing puzzling me is that Rachel is the one known for her hair, but this time round I keep thinking Phoebe's is better!
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

As someone whose hair more closely resembles Monica’s in humidity, I’d take either of their hairstyles!!!
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

We introduced DD to Friends, as she enjoys the Big Bang Theory as well. It really hasn’t aged much.
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

kenyancowgirl wrote:As someone whose hair more closely resembles Monica’s in humidity, I’d take either of their hairstyles!!!
:lol: :lol:
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

BucksBornNBred wrote:
kenyancowgirl wrote:As someone whose hair more closely resembles Monica’s in humidity, I’d take either of their hairstyles!!!
:lol: :lol:
Mine manages to look like that even without humidity, and it’s naturally curly as well.
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

Tinkers wrote:We introduced DD to Friends, as she enjoys the Big Bang Theory as well. It really hasn’t aged much.
DS hasn't got into it... I am guessing there aren't enough tanks or enough Clarkson :roll: Us oldies are loving it though - I don't think we have belly-laughed at a programme for a long time :) .. having said that BlackAdder still has its moments!

ETA: Joey is just as funny on the new Top Gear and DS will watch that! :D
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

BucksBornNBred wrote:
Tinkers wrote:We introduced DD to Friends, as she enjoys the Big Bang Theory as well. It really hasn’t aged much.
DS hasn't got into it... I am guessing there aren't enough tanks or enough Clarkson :roll: Us oldies are loving it though - I don't think we have belly-laughed at a programme for a long time :) .. having said that BlackAdder still has its moments!

ETA: Joey is just as funny on the new Top Gear and DS will watch that! :D
He won’t be in the next series though.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Watching ‘Friends’ every day here too. Love Phoebe and Mike.
guest201

Post by guest201 »

Both of my kids love it. I always say to them there is a Friends episode for every situation in life.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now