acapellascience videos

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

loobylou

Re: acapellascience videos

Post by loobylou »

Yes Dire Straits and Genesis fan here too. But no one compares to Billy Joel :D
There are a few modern songs that aren't all about love. I really like George Ezra (although we must have heard "Shotgun" about 1000 times on our US roadtrip this summer, I still like it!) but yes, it's definitely more of a "thing" now. And not just lurve but unhealthy lurve too. It's a common discussion point in our house when I'm being forced to listen to a song about someone fancying someone because he's holding the hair out of her face whilst she vomits because she's so drunk and then she's asking him to go to bed with her ("So children. Do you think she's able to fully consent given the details you can hear in these lyrics?" Oh I'm a fun parent :lol: )
Amber

Post by Amber »

loobylou wrote:It's a common discussion point in our house when I'm being forced to listen to a song about someone fancying someone because he's holding the hair out of her face whilst she vomits because she's so drunk and then she's asking him to go to bed with her
Not sure I know that one off the top of my head...I don't think it's from the Sound of Music, or ABBA, is it? (reminds me of when DD was about 8 and the only ABBA song she liked was Gimme Gimme Gimme a Man after Midnight, which didn't sound all that great being sung by a small child in public places).

Sounds a bit of an interesting family life you have going on there LL. :lol:
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Amber wrote:ooh I just found out what 'bump' does! :oops:

Feel free to unbump if you like, sorry all.
I’m not even sure how to unbump a thread. I noticed I was the last one to post on it.

Sadly I shouldn’t really eat samosas anymore, not that it stops me, when they present themselves. I accept the consequences. I do now stick to just the one, or maybe two. Three if they are particularly good ones.

Back on topic, I watched the Entropy one then followed up by watching the ‘making of’ one as well. But then as an engineer, I’m always going to be a science nerd.