Posts won't post

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Eccentric

Posts won't post

Post by Eccentric »

Does anyone else have problems with posting? The following seems to happen to me with quite high frequency and it is frustrating.
1. I think I have posted and the post does not post.
2. I spend time writing a post and when I post it disappears this often seems to happen if someone else posts something new on the same thread whilst I am writing my post.
3. I get an error message and the post is lost.

I am a bit thick when it comes to computer stuff so it could be me but any tips would be helpful.
kenyancowgirl

Re: Posts won't post

Post by kenyancowgirl »

If you write a very long post, your computer could drop the link as you are writing - this happens if you are on a mobile device and move out of a signal area - if you copy what you have typed, before you try and post - if you lose the connection you can just paste it again?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I had a problem with PMs a couple of years ago & it was because I unthinkingly tried to use emojis on my phone as opposed to the ones to the left <----
I don't suppose it's something like that?
scary mum
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

Not very long posts or use of emojis on my phone. Often the post is only a couple of lines.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Eccentric - pretty sure there is no conspiracy!

Occasionally people write a post and then submit it, however someone else has just posted and the software is set up to ask if you want to check your post and you have to hit submit again to get the post to be uploaded - I think a lot of people don't do this stage.

Other thing is that if the post is controversial / offensive / part of an unpleasant scrap etc it will end up in the dungeon (along with related posts )
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

hermanmunster wrote:Eccentric - pretty sure there is no conspiracy!

Occasionally people write a post and then submit it, however someone else has just posted and the software is set up to ask if you want to check your post and you have to hit submit again to get the post to be uploaded - I think a lot of people don't do this stage.

Other thing is that if the post is controversial / offensive / part of an unpleasant scrap etc it will end up in the dungeon (along with related posts )
I didn't think there was a conspiracy :)

You description is bang on. I will look out for this. Controversial or offensive posts. I don't think that is me. Certainly not with intent. :)