How to get Certificate of UK residence for EU traineeship???

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
scary mum

Re: How to get Certificate of UK residence for EU traineeshi

Post by scary mum »

I'm feeling dizzy!
scary mum
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

:twisted:

Why couldn't they have actually paid attention the first time?

Glad she has got it sorted at last.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Does this help?

Glad it is all sorted.
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

I am not trying (and don't want) to re-ignite any previous debates but I am curious ... I thought being part of the EU meant freedom of movement and, excuse my ignorance, I had assumed that meant easy freedom of movement too but this situation seems really complicated.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

BucksBornNBred wrote:I am not trying (and don't want) to re-ignite any previous debates but I am curious ... I thought being part of the EU meant freedom of movement and, excuse my ignorance, I had assumed that meant easy freedom of movement too but this situation seems really complicated.

I think it is all relative - each country has its own rules etc - if you go to live in say Germany for a relatively short time , you have to have to register with the local authorities / police - it means a trip to the town hall an many forms - passport / details of address etc - you are then given a chit and need this to do just about anything else while you are there.

DS struggled with them as there was a need to state which city / town issued his passport - when in the UK it is the IPS not a city / town. This seemed to be alien to them, in the end they put IPS and that seem to work

If the traineeship is based in a place that has this sort of residency system then they just won;t understand that we don't have similar
mystery

Post by mystery »

Most annoying bit of bureaucracy I ever had to comply with was to be forced to have a chest X ray in order to take up a teaching job in my hometown - an English city. I refused and said I was perfectly healthy, BCG vaccinated too, and didn't want radiation exposure for nothing. Answer: you cannot be employed by this local education authority without having a chest X ray. The job offer will be withdrawn.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

mystery wrote:Most annoying bit of bureaucracy I ever had to comply with was to be forced to have a chest X ray in order to take up a teaching job in my hometown - an English city. I refused and said I was perfectly healthy, BCG vaccinated too, and didn't want radiation exposure for nothing. Answer: you cannot be employed by this local education authority without having a chest X ray. The job offer will be withdrawn.
That is a bit crackers! how annoying - when was this?
mystery

Post by mystery »

I'm really young Hermanmunster but it was a while ago - 1987 - they did know better even then though. I don't know when the policy stopped. There was a medical too.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

mystery wrote:I'm really young Hermanmunster but it was a while ago - 1987 - they did know better even then though. I don't know when the policy stopped. There was a medical too.
I think they were still doing that sort of thing then - 1984 I was looking after a patient who was later found to have TB and we all got x-rayed - goodness knows what they were looking for as takes a while for anything to show up! They have rather better ways of dealing with contacts now. The medical bit is funny too - we had one starting junior house jobs - we were so tired we could hardly stand up but hey we could breathe and so they passed us as fit.
mystery

Post by mystery »

I don't know what they were looking for. But if every new teacher was X rayed and had a medical for several years that was a lot of looking.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now