Am I the only one?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
BucksBornNBred

Re: Am I the only one?

Post by BucksBornNBred »

Our cat brings everything in! As Tinkers says the frogs are never killed so they are a jolly surprise :roll: I had a glis glis living in the house for a week (I even ended up feeding it!) and I once opened a drawer to find a field mouse had made a nest out of my paperwork. The one that puzzled me was a (sadly) dead rabbit; I have no idea how our small cat managed to get it in through two catflaps! When he brings something in but doesn't eat it then I throw it out for the kites... at least that way the death isn't in vain.

KCG, I always say goodbye to the cat when I leave too and tell him how long I will be!
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

kenyancowgirl wrote:I was at my sister's at the weekend - her two cats hater her dog. He was asleep upsatirs because they left a dead mouse in his bed. The cat equivalent of the Mafia....

This is one reason we could never have a dog. The cats just about tolerate each other. The little one (though neither are very big tbh) takes no prisoners when it comes to dogs though. She chased a neighbours black lab out of the garden, she weighs about 6lbs. The other one would defintely leave a dead mouse, or worse, in a dog’s bed. (She managed to bring a squirrel through the cat flap once.)
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

We no longer have cats, but it was fun while it lasted, this cat-cohabiting-with lark.

Although I could have done without the memory which has just resurfaced, of watching mesmerised as a fully grown pigeon was devoured, beak to foot, by our original ginger (uncle of the fridge-opening and probable trout-nicking one). Almost immediately followed by its regurgitation in reverse order :roll: .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

:lol: :lol:

Our cat was part feral (a farm cat litter).... he was a ferocious hunter - once observed taking off vertically 4 foot in the air to swipe a poor robin off the bird table (eating food I had just put out). He was extremely partial to green olives.....
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

Talking of cats... my boy has just tapped on his catflap to be let in because he knows I am on the other side! He has trained me well :lol:
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

One of ours likes peas.

They were rescue cats and had a poor start in life. As a result they will try and eat anything.
mad?

Post by mad? »

kenyancowgirl wrote:Got up this morning to a shortage of milk - no biggy as the shop is at the bottom of our drive - so I level the house but...

As I go, just before I shut the door, I cheerily tell the dog "won't be long - just popping to the shop" and then I clarify - "...to get milk"...

...in case she fancies cereal, presumably.....

Just me?
I have no pets, so I say this to myself all the time, and then when I get to the shops, forget why I am there :oops:
mad?
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

I had a Bermese cat about 10 years ago. He used to fetch things just like a like a dog on command. He also used to bring bird eggs back to me carefully in his mouth as presents. One day he brought me back a beautiful moorhen egg the only place that he could have got it was to cross a motorway. Needless to say he was killed on that motorway a few days later. I have decided against having another cat, it was traumatic because he was such a lovely fellow but I don’t think it was a very good idea for our wildlife or bird population either.
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

we used to have a Siamese cat that would fetch. He started with xmas tree baubles and went on from there.

I keep the dogs and the cat seperate - they have their own zones on the house. Some of the stuff that the cat manages to drag in to her top floor zone is astounding.

I always leave the house with a "won't be long - be good" to the dogs - like that is ever going to happen :)
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I’ve just had quite a long conversation with mine at the kitchen door.

We trained them not to come into the kitchen. Big mistake. They realise that if we go into the kitchen and they stand by the kitchen door, they get a treat for not actually coming into the kitchen. I had to oil the squeaky door hinge as that had them dashing in from outside or upstairs.

It works to some extent, but not to the point they will never come in. If they think they can sneak in they still do.

I came home, went into the kitchen, turned round and there was one stood there. They know they aren’t allowed so as soon as she knew I’d seen her she stepped back over the line. The other one sat in the proper place, got a treat (and looked smug about it) and the naughty one got a lecture.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now