Am I the only one?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ToadMum

Re: Am I the only one?

Post by ToadMum »

I still mentally say goodbye to the cats when I leave the house, even though our last one expired about nine years ago (under DS2's bed, which I had to leave DH to sort out, as I noticed a stiff, furry paw as I bent over to give DS2 a goodbye kiss before flying out of the door to get my train :shock: . DH may or may not have forgiven me for that).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
thankgoditsover

Post by thankgoditsover »

I have 2 dogs and every time I go out I point my finger at them and say No Parties! I have visions of them laying on a sofa each with a beer and the tv remote as soon as the car is off the drive.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Well....our very fierce guard dog has been caught out on more than one occasion - when we drive down the drive and then someone runs back in for something we have forgotten, to find that she has already slunk upstairs and is snoring happily on our bed.....!!!!!
doodles

Post by doodles »

At our previous house the village bus stop was by our gate. DH used to catch the bus to the station and one of our cats used to regularly get on the bus with him :lol:
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Our two cats are considered by DD as on a par (or maybe higher than) with siblings. Asking her to do things when cats might be disturbed (on the bed or lap) is paramount to asking for her to commit a major crime. On the plus side a trip to the shops to get emergency supplies like milk is greeted with open enthusiasm if appended with ‘and for the cats it is vital that you get...’ :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now