Snow in Bucks

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tinkers

Re: Snow in Bucks

Post by Tinkers »

Not sure which hill, as I don’t know Bucks. He lives in Missenden(?) I think. So if it’s on the route between Reading and there then it could be.
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

Tinkers wrote:Not sure which hill, as I don’t know Bucks. He lives in Missenden(?) I think. So if it’s on the route between Reading and there then it could be.
Wouldn't have been this hill then but there are plenty of steep ones in Wycombe to go up to get to Missenden :)
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

Octsmum wrote:We're just not very well prepared for snow! My car is totally useless, it was sliding a lot on the ice on Wednesday am on the bus run. DH took a long time to get home on the M40 too :(
I agree we are not prepared at all, but maybe because the powers that be are looking at the wrong weather forecast?? I knew when the snow would land and that it was going to be bad, but DH said he trusted the main sites more which said it would be later and not so bad (and the school also put in their newsletter that it was "unexpected"!!). I do have a theory though on driving in the snow; when I was in the US I had a rental car and would happily drive that on snowy and icy roads, but now it is my own car I am terrified! Let's hope next week's snow is not so bad!
solimum

Post by solimum »

It all looked very pretty as I went through on the Chiltern LIne train on Thursday afternoon!
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Seems we might have more this week.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now