Eczema

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

KS10

Re: Eczema

Post by KS10 »

Doodles, I think we’re at the stage again where we’ll try anything and everything. Will get DS to give Allergenics a go.
doodles

Post by doodles »

KS10 wrote:Doodles, I think we’re at the stage again where we’ll try anything and everything. Will get DS to give Allergenics a go.
I think we are at the same stage with ds1's acne :( He doesn't want to take anti bio's anymore but uni life is taking its toll :( :(
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Yes, it seems to come back as soon as you stop.
asdguest

Post by asdguest »

My ds in mid twenties has terrible bouts of facial eczema -has tried loads of creams - think you just have to find one that works for you - his was Dermol 500 lotion that you can buy over the counter - it was brilliant x hope you find something too.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Thank you. Will work through the suggestions if necessary to see if anything improves his skin. I think he’s starting to realise that he’s got to be more proactive too.
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

I assume you've tried oatmeal baths? Although they may not be very easy to organise in student accommodation. Both our kids had eczema as babies and an old pair of tights full of porridge in the bath cleared it up in no time, I believe it's supposed to help in adults as well.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

That vaguely rings a bell from when DS was younger, but nothing worked until he was 8 and we tried Chinese medicine. He had to drink a special brew twice a day, the leaves were then used in his bath water and he had some cream. Within 24 hours, he'd stopped scratching. Obviously, it's very strong stuff and he had to have a blood test afterwards to make sure everything was ok. He's looking after himself quite well because he's at home, so his skin has improved a little. The test will be when he goes back.
KB

Post by KB »

Just seen an article about Child's Farm products, particularly the moisturizer, for eczema

Also, a friend was saying they use Head & Shoulders ( original/classic) for her elderly mum's scalp issues and there's been some social media chatter about its use for calming chicken pox and other skin conditions.

No direct experience of either but your post came to mind so thought I'd share.
doodles

Post by doodles »

That's really interesting KB. DS uses head and shoulders and I would say he has fewest acne spots on his forehead under his fringe, must look properly when I see him later, I may suggest he washes his face with the suds. Got to be worth a try and it's not going to do any harm.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
KS10

Post by KS10 »

I wonder what H&S contains. I read that about chicken pox too.