Tributes to Sally-Anne

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Hornsey

Tributes to Sally-Anne

Post by Hornsey »

I'm very sorry to inform Forum Members that one of the Buckinghamshire moderators, 'Sally-Anne', died last week. A very intelligent, informed member of the Forum, she had a laser-sharp eye on all matters concerning admissions, the Bucks Secondary Transfer Test, allocations and appeals. She also, indirectly, held the system to account and was never afraid to highlight areas for improvement.

Countless families will be forever grateful to her for the support she has been able to offer regarding complex issues - I am aware that she did a great deal by PM in addition to her helpful, incisive posts on the forum.

The nature of the Forum is that confidentiality is respected, but we must remember that behind the 'Sally-Anne' pseudonym was a real person, passionate about young people, their life chances and a real desire to ensure that parents were well informed. She was also a much loved wife and mother. We all send our condolences, I'm sure, to the family who are, I know, proud of what she was able to do as a volunteer to support others.

Best wishes to you all
'Hornsey'

Moderators are most grateful to Hornsey for posting this tribute.
Sally-Anne made a huge contribution to the forum, and we are all in a state of shock.
Stroller

Re: Sally-Anne RIP

Post by Stroller »

Although Buckinghamshire was close to her heart, Sally-Anne’s insight and helpfulness reached far and wide. Her words likely changed the course of many children’s lives. She’ll be greatly missed. My sincere condolences to all who knew her.

Hornsey, thank you for letting us know. Sally-Anne would have appreciated your eloquence and discretion.
salsa

Post by salsa »

Terribly sad news. My condolences to her friends and family. Sally-Anne helped many either directly or indirectly. Her words of wisdom will remain in this forum.
Many thanks for letting us know, Hornsey.

Salsa
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

I’m so shocked and saddened by this. RIP Sally-Anne. Please pass on my condolences to her family.

Hornsey, thanks for passing on this information.
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

That's such sad news. My condolences go to get friends and family. I know she made a great contribution to helping a lot of people on this forum
Blue_Marigold

Post by Blue_Marigold »

So sad to hear this. Sending my condolences to her friends and family. Sally-Anne helped us so much.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Thank you to those who made sure I heard of this shocking news which I am finding hard to comprehend. Her family have lost a very special lady and I will send my sincere condolences to them.

I was fortunate to meet 'Sally-Anne' several times and agree with every word of Hornsey's eloquent post. There is so much S-A did behind the scenes that I can't begin to explain or talk about. Her posts will remain like the tip of an amazing iceberg but so much of what she did for people will remain 'unseen'.

It is indeed a very sad day for the forum and everyone who knows the vast contribution she made to the website as it is now.

RIP 'Sally-Anne' - your memory lives on and shines brightly for ever.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

I am very sorry to hear this sad news.It has come as a shock.

I am forever grateful for the help she gave on many occasions both to me and others known to me.Her kindness was evident from my early posts when I came in contact with her both in public and in private pm's.I will forever be in her debt when my friends son developed cancer that she gave me permission and allowed me to use the forum for his tragic forlorn story as we battled to raise funds to save his life.It is quite poignant as I read this news I returned home from playing badminton with that same friend.

Sally-Anne's depth of character and her incisive intellect will be missed by everyone who read her posts.The forum is the poorer for the loss of her great knowledge and wisdom.RIP.
MrsChubbs

Post by MrsChubbs »

Thank you for letting us know Hornsey, and for your tribute to her.
Although I never met her “in the flesh”, we had many an amusing exchange by pm and I always appreciated her evenhanded approach to moderating the forum. She helped so many people over the years and will be missed.
My condolences to her family and friends.
Mrs C
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Like you Mrs Chubbs, it was S-A's quick wit that I loved and enjoyed. It was her that asked me to consider being a moderator on this forum and I had the pleasure of contact with her in "real life". Her ability to see the bigger picture, to understand the ethos of a great education for all, her Bucks crystal balls, her succinct use of just the right words when needing to stop a thread veering off in the wrong direction, and the huge amount of work she did behind the scenes both for the forum itself and also just to help young people, means she has left a legacy and will be sorely missed. Etienne is right - we are in a state of shock but nothing like the shock her poor family/friends must be feeling right now.