Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:44 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Merry Christmas
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:04 pm 

Merry Christmas to all. Hope we all enjoy and have fun during this time of festivity.

Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:38 pm 

Please don't make the thread political :roll: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:13 pm 

For the first time I can remember DH is off for the entire Christmas week (he has to go in before NY but I will probably be sick of him by then anyway :lol: ) so we kicked off the holidays with a family trip up to the Tate Modern and the Olafur Eliasson Exhibition followed by a wander around Borough Market. I would recommend it if you can make it before it finishes in January.

Merry Christmas to everyone and thank you to those who are working over the festive period.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:37 pm 

doodles wrote:
For the first time I can remember DH is off for the entire Christmas week (he has to go in before NY but I will probably be sick of him by then anyway :lol: ) so we kicked off the holidays with a family trip up to the Tate Modern and the Olafur Eliasson Exhibition followed by a wander around Borough Market. I would recommend it if you can make it before it finishes in January.

Merry Christmas to everyone and thank you to those who are working over the festive period.

Next time you visit Tate Modern, if you fancy somewhere similar but different to eat, I can recommend Flat Iron Square on Southwark St. Not quite so many food outlets, but probably easier to find somewhere (proper tables and benches) to sit and eat.

Christmas has now arrived chez Toad, as DS2 got fed up with waiting for someone else to get the tree out of its box and did it himself earlier today. We have an interesting assortment of mainly gold-ish themed decorations, interspersed with some 'craft' felt birds - and half a dozen gin baubles that had been put away in the fated somewhere safe and therefore still have gin in them. That will not last :lol:.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:27 pm 

Dear Forum Members

Please keep this Christmas thread non-political, I have had to remove a few posts already and don't have time to be policing it

If anymore such posts appear they will be edited and replaced by a nice festive image :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:49 pm 

+1

And a very Happy New Year to every one as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:21 am 

Amazing London fire works. Hope every one enjoyed it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:28 am 

tiffinboys wrote:
Amazing London fire works. Hope every one enjoyed it.

Well, we did, but someone on one of the the local fb groups I belong to had a right moan :roll:. Possibly related to the woman on the same table as yours truly at a dinner just before Christmas. In her eyes, there was something to find fault with at every turn. Including the insufficiency in the gravy department. My feeling about the amount that arrived on the food was concern that there weren't enough life jackets for the sprouts (she moaned about the veg, too :evil:).

ETA, things could have been worse for the staff. Found this moan on FB about a Toby Carvery in Birmingham:

We gave up going to this place 12 months ago. This lady is correct they can’t cope. One time we went at 7.30 they had very little to offer. Another time a lady had fallen by the drinks machine (she couldn’t help that) but people were having to step over her until the ambulance came. Another time there was a young lady serving the food, not only calving the meat but having to replenish the food containers leaving people with plates and their food going cold. I beIieve that was the last time we went and never again I would sooner go to KFC across the road

Definitely above and beyond, that, on minimum wage...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:30 am 

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:46 am 

Oh that is ace - some people can't stop moaning but calving the meat must have been quite a sight!!!

Re stepping over people, usually can walk round them but TBH so long as they a) breathing b) self positioned in recovery position and c) BS reading above about 3, then leave 'em there