Coronavirus

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
doodles

Re: Coronavirus

Post by doodles »

At the weekend Ds2 was asked by gp (via email) to complete a survey to work out how vulnerable he is.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

GP land has gone online! One day we will all be reminiscing about the last time we saw a patient. I am currently 12 days since the last ones, this is a mixture of a) not working many sessions b) no-one wanting to see me (I have offered :lol: ) c) dealing with problems in the phone.
doodles

Post by doodles »

I have to say that everyone at our GP's surgery has been really helpful through this. In fact it's been easier than normal to get repeat prescriptions etc. Maybe some of the online services that have been introduced will stay in place after we return to the real world.

I had to take DS to the gp just before we went into lock down, it was so easy we arrived for our appointment and there was nobody in the waiting room and the doctor was almost waiting at her office door for us. Makes you wonder how many people don't really need the appointments that they book?
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

i think most of my colleagues are wondering about that - I know in out of hours we can be steadily busy over weekends but last week the call centre had to check all the systems were active as no calls were coming through from 111 - usually only happens when England are in some crucial World Cup Football match! there is little doubt that a lot of things are being handled more efficiently and some of the admin being dragged into the 21 century

our concerns though are about diseases that people are ignoring at present :?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now